It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pretty sure Gundo is out of contract in July. They'll only have to pay for two. As for wages, who knows. It seems they don't much worry about where the money comes from at Barcelona.
They still owe us for Ferran Torres so I am not sure they do have hard cash for both under contract players

No idea. I imagine it's like the Bernardo situation - we've just agreed to sell him this summer, but it's for him and his agent to bring a suitable offer to the club.
As long as the buying club has the money (including another Premier League club) then I am ok with Laporte being moved on

They still owe us for Ferran Torres so I am not sure they do have hard cash for both under contract players
*sigh* I have other things to do. You thought they were going to have to purchase all three and stated as such. It was an honest mistake.

Instead of saying something along the lines of "Oh right. I wasn't aware," or "Yes. I'd forgotten," you want to keep going.

I wasn't trying to embarrass you, pal. You "win". It's what you wanted, yeah?

Enjoy the rest of your day and your weekend.

He drops far too many howlers in big games. He's slow, and to be honest I've never gotten over going to the press to tell everyone how he might leave after Dias-Stones was the preferred partnership for 6 weeks.

If people weren't so focused on attributing all the blame on the usual 1 or 2 players, they'd look back at the Spurs CL tie and Lyon game and realise Laporte cost us at least 4 goals between the 2 games and 2 Champions League finals.

Only time we got to a CL final was when Pep dropped him.

Aké is much more of a defender, he's faster, and he's growing into a leader too. A good LB, Aké, Dias and Walker? That's a back 4.
I agree that mentally he doesn’t appear to be the toughest.

I am probably guilty of romantacising his first few months with us where he looked like one of the best centre backs in the world.

As long as the buying club has the money (including another Premier League club) then I am ok with Laporte being moved on
Come on. No club “has the money” rolling around in a bank account unused except chelsea.
If a club commits to paying city £50m+ then he will be allowed to go even if that cash doesnt come in for 12 months+. Dont care its still a £50m sale. Including to barca.

People need to work out that no club defaults on transfer fees owed. We always get the money eventually, so sell to the best club for best price.

We dont pay our transfer purchases in one go either unless contractually obliged.

In our 2022 accounts we reported:
- receivables due from clubs on transfers £44m
- payables due to clubs on transfers £85m
So we actually still owe money out.
Should no one sell to us because we dont have the money?

Edit those numbers are just what is due by 30-06-23. Total is actually £97m owed to us; £136m owed by us.

He`s been a great signing mate but i think if the club wants Gvardiol as reported then he has to go? He behind the scenes may have also asked to go?
It would be smart business if we could get close to what we paid for him and bring Gvardiol in as his replacement. Apart from one moment in the World Cup where Messi made a fool of him (like so many others), Gvardiol looked very impressive to me.

The left back position (I’m not overly sold on 3/5 at the back with heavily inverted full backs) still concerns me though.

It would be smart business if we could get close to what we paid for him and bring Gvardiol in as his replacement. Apart from one moment in the World Cup where Messi made a fool of him (like so many others), Gvardiol looked very impressive to me.

The left back position (I’m not overly sold on 3/5 at the back with heavily inverted full backs) still concerns me though.

i still think we would get £50-60m for Laporte mate and i think we paid £57m for him? I do think think we will go back for Chilwell this summer for LB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.