It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep is also a world-class bullshitter. I don’t begrudge him that because not everything he thinks needs to be public business, but he says things he doesn’t believe all the time. It’s not a stretch to think that he could privately be very frustrated.
Yeah, Pep loves to mention other clubs spending when he's frustrated about our own inactivity. Deep down i don't think he'll be happy if we go into the season with just Savio signed

Just hasn’t felt like we’ve wanted to be aggressive in the market this year
Why? I’m not really sure

Disappointing a bit we haven’t t really put a marker down to be honest, we have done a £100m transfer previously and with the amount of sales we had done even at that point let alone Alvarez going would have covered the Bruno G release clause, when the rumour came out we had triggered it, rival fans bases basically lost their shit and gave up this season already? Savio was a piss easy deal to do as well as we owned him already? I get players like Rodri and Ederson will get big pay rises but season ticket prices going up again, the club brand growing even further in the states and around the world the club growth and revenues are growing but we just don’t seem to have that appetite at times to really make this period a forever lasting legacy for Pep with another treble or similar before he may go into the sunset with our eternal gratitude for what he achieved.

We certainly have the ability to compete, but we’ve moved backwards over the last few windows, we had our foot on the throat of Madrid but seemed to have regressed in our ambition from a transfer perspective. It’s slightly concerning why we haven’t (or appear to not) made any moves aligned with the ongoing charges, FFP, FPR regulations and the uncertainty of Pep contract. When we win our case I hope we receive sufficient compensation for damages.
I agree. I have no doubt we'll compete. I'm just puzzled. If Alvarez stayed and Bobb didn't get injured we'd have 2 additional good players in the squad so how can the happy clappers keep saying there's no room for any additions? Maybe not a week ago, but now?

Did we make some back door deal with the Prem that we come out clear on the charges and in return we won't FLEX for a while? Play a season with one hand tied behind our back as some form of appeasement? Who the fuck knows?

Disappointing a bit we haven’t t really put a marker down to be honest, we have done a £100m transfer previously and with the amount of sales we had done even at that point let alone Alvarez going would have covered the Bruno G release clause, when the rumour came out we had triggered it, rival fans bases basically lost their shit and gave up this season already? Savio was a piss easy deal to do as well as we owned him already? I get players like Rodri and Ederson will get big pay rises but season ticket prices going up again, the club brand growing even further in the states and around the world the club growth and revenues are growing but we just don’t seem to have that appetite at times to really make this period a forever lasting legacy for Pep with another treble or similar before he may go into the sunset with our eternal gratitude for what he achieved.
"Savio was a piss easy deal to do as well as we owned him already"

Who knows until the window actually closes ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.