It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Berger has a much better reputation than the other fella so no reason for him to back up the news really. Unless it's all true of course.

if we have walked then we will hear in the next 24-48 hours from the likes of Gaughan, Martin Blacburn etc. It would seem strange to have walked full stop though as Madrid in the same article was stated they were only prepared to pay 100m euros? Dortmund are not accepting that so surely we wont just be out full stop?

if we have walked then we will hear in the next 24-48 hours from the likes of Gaughan, Martin Blacburn etc. It would seem strange to have walked full stop though as Madrid in the same article was stated they were only prepared to pay 100m euros? Dortmund are not accepting that so surely we wont just be out full stop?

Plenty more water to go under this particular bridge yet.

Could be sipping pure hopium because I was convinced we were getting Bellingham BUT...

If you look at all the reporting from UK sources, there's a lot of non-committal language used.

Telegraph said there was skepticism about how Real could afford + it was thought Bellingham wanted to return to England.

In Fabrizio's YouTube video about it, he said: "The feeling of Real Madrid is that Jude Bellingham is ready to say yes" and then reiterated "On the player's side, Real Madrid are convinced that the green light from Jude Bellingham is imminent"

That means everything's coming from the Real Madrid side and even they aren't claiming that he's actually said yes.

Even Fabrizio's tweets about it, which are a bit more definite, say Real are "close", Real are "favourites" and City are "unlikely" - none of it adds up to any actual certainty.

The same Spanish papers that claim it's close now are the ones that claimed Real had "cooled" their interest a few weeks ago so unless it was a sudden change of heart, struggling to see how they can hold that much weight.

And, most of all, Ornstein hasn't touched the story. Tolmie said City's higher ups were close with him. It's the biggest move of the summer, I'd be amazed if he didn't have contacts that could have confirmed the news to him yesterday.

All a bit suspicious to me.

Again, could be looking from a biased perspective but it ain't adding up for me

I was all for Bellingham joining us but I don't know that game on the weekend, possibly Dortmunds biggest game to put a gap between them and Bayern he just didn't turn up, he didnt show any fight, Dortmund needed him and he just hid. I don't know if he's fully checked out with Dortmund that's why he didn't try, but he's been like this since being at Dortmund, will turn up for champions league, the games against Schalke, leverkusen, Union Berlin, sometimes Bayern. The big games in the bundesliga

But against the lower teams he doesn't grab the game, he looks unmotivated I thought he'd get over that with experience but he's not and for the price you'd pay, you would want him to do that.

City briefing nothing new.

They have also (like Haaland) been cautious to always play down our chances and always cite Real Madrid.

As of today, no Madrid bid, no discussions with Dortmund, just the claims from Madrid sources.

City haven't pulled out.
My one concern with this- If my concerns are of any relevance or importance. Would be that like in previous years I.e. Kane, cucurella city have at times believed they are going to get deals done that they were never going to be able to do and as such left shortages in the team, which weren’t an issue due to our genius manager.

This summer if we lose even one of Bernardo and gundo it’s imperative that we get a world class midfielder in to replace with young legs and appetite.

If you don’t believe any of the reports that Madrid are now favourites- some sort of verbal go ahead from Bellingham- berger especially I think has to be trusted on this- then this doesn’t matter. But if like me you think there must be something in it all and he obviously does prefer that move- the worry is regardless of whether it’s worth waiting and seeing if Madrid then go and agree a deal with dortmund we may well lose a March on another player available I.e. a barbella, gavi, de jong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.