It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I'm not overly tied to keeping Walker, but Nunes ahead of him is mad - a player who can't get a game for us at all and who Pep mentioned about the chance of playing RB in passing, vs. the club captain and still one of the best defensive right backs around.
Lets put the club captain to the side because that was always weird.

I agree that Walker is still one of the best right backs around. I just wonder if between Lewis and Akanji we have enough options to cover him should he go elsewhere.

I also agree that Nunes is far from the best midfielders around. But in the bits he's played recently I thought he did well. I feel like I haven't seen enough yet to discount him (we've had so many who started poor - including Walker, Gundogan, Rodri).

If it was a choice between the 2 I'd keep Nunes and we could judge at the end of the season if that was silly or not.

I like Raheem a lot for what he did for us here but this seems fair to be honest. The new manager prefers a different style of winger and is giving him clear feedback that he would be better off leaving the club. He can stay of course if he prefers to collect his contract but he won't play much/at all. Thats how it goes, no?
I agree that the outcome likely is right and that he has underperformed at Chelsea but if, as it seems, they didn’t communicate his likely role to him until after a preseason where he played every game and he genuinely was surprised as to his status and what not making the squad meant, Chelsea can go shit in a hat because his options at his salary and at the end of the window are very limited.

Chelsea pays their players well but treat them poorly so I have sympathy for Raheem.

Terrible treatment by the club, think it's a purely financial decision based on wages.
Chelsea had prior. Raheem knew he wasn't joining a stable environment. I do feel sorry for him as he made a big contribution to our success but there are few clubs as well run as our own and few clubs that respect their players like City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.