It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Rating the window (although slightly early).

Departures

We’ve done a great job as always on getting money for players who do not actually play for the first team.

Alvarez we did ok out of a tough situation showing players yet again that we are a good team to play for and look after you. But the squad is weaker without him and he is a league above Jesus. Best part was not sold to an English team.

Gomez sold arguably slightly cheap, time with Pep and some great national performances in U21 etc.

Phillips a loan (details not known, so hard to say), we then have other players we need loans for or in Cancelo’s case a perm deal would be far better.

Incomings

Savio - early days but looks a quality player and very much enjoying asking United/ Liverpool how we got him so cheap.

Gundogan back - Really happy with this if not as excited as some. A progressive move would have been to replace with a younger player of similar potential but easier said then done, coming back is a sticking plaster and buys time. So whilst I don’t feel all things equal it was the best option, I feel at the time he came available it was and strengthens the squad for this season. Also has created a real buzz.

So ATM it is 2 out, 2 in in terms of real terms for me, obviously a lot of profit etc.

Players are in different positions etc. but neither where first team.

We may have Palmer on our mind and looking at more youth with Bobb, Rico, McAtte etc. getting more games (especially Bobb and Rico).

Overall squad is better and made a lot of money, agree with the 7/10 as no Haaland back up, players still to shift and bar Savio (who looks to a year later replace Mahrez), we are in a situation where high profile, older players will need to be replaced and these windows will need to be bigger.

A contract extension for Big Erl or Rodri would also have moved it up 1 or 2.

If we finish this window with Savio & a 33 year old Gundogan it's a 3/10
Not for me. It would be a great window. I am more concerned about the bigger picture and for me that's all about how Pep includes the youngsters in the first team.

No one knows what madness might come with the charges, I'm confident it wouldn't be too much for us to handle but still no one knows, to be in a safe position we need to fast track the development of some of the younger players so if it does happen (not saying it will) but if it does happen that we need to move on 2 or 3 senior players, then we would at least have some youngsters ready to put in a good shift.

I could be flapping over nothing here but a contingency plan is never a bad idea, Txiki and the "man dem" probably already know what to do anyway.

From that video, I would argue that he has picked up some vital skills at his time there and that would really improve our play, Rodri would basically feel like he's playing in his national side as Gundo has picked up some of the Spanish midfield play, the 360 turns (not to be confused with the "Antony Ballerina Spin") he did in that video now feels like something being done from Xavi in his prime, previously Gundo used to stop the play completely while he did the turn, I would assume it was to allow the players fall back or run into their positions, but from 0:41 mark, you can see how he was still moving side ways, basically keeping the game moving and possibly looking for the best option to pass to.

He also showed some more aggression in that video, I'm not sure if that's from his years of playing in the pl, which has turned him into an become an absolute unit and a physical bully or if he picked up that forward drive and aggression from the time he played there, also I could be wrong here but it seems like he played a more advance role during his brief spell at Barca.
David Silva said on his La Liga return, he was picking up several bookings as he'd become so used to the faster more physical PL. He had to tone down his style of play...

Agreed but the Celtic lad is genuinely an interesting signing? Could be an Akanji type one.
genuinely interesting? wow, richards lad, i thought ur standarts way higher than this, ur just desperate for any signings rn, ain't ya?

genuinely interesting? wow, richards lad, i thought ur standarts way higher than this, ur just desperate for any signings rn, ain't ya?

No? If big name players would have left then big name players arrive but they didn’t leave? Way too much noise about this out of nowhere for there to be nothing in it imo.

No? If big name players would have left then big name players arrive but they didn’t leave? Way too much noise about this out of nowhere for there to be nothing in it imo.
there is no much noise about it anymore, amen to that . i rather wait and go for a big fish next year than get a small one now

Not sure we need anyone else. If Haaland sits it out, we’re probably just as effective reverting to a false nine, especially now that Gundogan has returned. The only thing missing is someone who can track opposition runners from midfield back into our final third.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.