It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I would tbh, false 9 was great for what it was.

True, and you can't have enough poachers/box crashing options. It'll be interesting to see what we do.

I was thinking, the beauty of having Gundo as a false 9 option is being able to play down the wings to evade a central mid-block while also being more secure in the centre of the pitch (Rodri, Kova, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo as midfield-f9 options). Don't think he's got quite the legs to do what Haaland did for his second yesterday though!

True, and you can't have enough poachers/box crashing options. It'll be interesting to see what we do.

I was thinking, the beauty of having Gundo as a false 9 option is being able to play down the wings to evade a central mid-block while also being more secure in the centre of the pitch (Rodri, Kova, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo as midfield-f9 options). Don't think he's got quite the legs to do what Haaland did for his second yesterday though!
lot of old heads and legs in the middle though, they need to be getting past the F9 line once we break it. Not many line breaking runners in the middle from play so far (could be an early season thing though)

lot of old heads and legs in the middle though, they need to be getting past the F9 line once we break it. Not many line breaking runners in the middle from play so far (could be an early season thing though)

Very true. Interesting wrinkles for Pep to look at. May even be an occasional role for Nunes (if he steps up)

I saw him yesterday one of the few mids/wingers than runs off the ball as his first thought, its a nice change up.

Definitely. I think Savinho can do it. It's an aspect I want Doku to look to do more of - he bloody loves ball to feet, but if he can develop that run behind (with his stutter step) like Sterling did, he'll make the defence think more.

Definitely. I think Savinho can do it. It's an aspect I want Doku to look to do more of - he bloody loves ball to feet, but if he can develop that run behind (with his stutter step) like Sterling did, he'll make the defence think more.
yeah, the space was there alot yesterday. Think it was all just game management and fitness, drop this fixture later and we go for ten.. lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.