It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Just woke up with the realization we're not signing anybody else. Big mistake. Lengthy injuries to Haaland and/or Rodri and we're badgered.
Before I get loads of criticism, I'm not saying we haven't got a good squad, but if any of us had been told in May we'd sign one player and he'd be a 'free transfer' this summer (Savinho was done in February), we'd all have been hugely underwhelmed.

Before I get loads of criticism, I'm not saying we haven't got a good squad, but if any of us had been told in May we'd sign one player and he'd be a 'free transfer' this summer (Savinho was done in February), we'd all have been hugely underwhelmed.
True but PSR has all clubs running scared. We still have the best squad in the PL.

Just woke up with the realization we're not signing anybody else. Big mistake. Lengthy injuries to Haaland and/or Rodri and were badgered.
Alas, when you have two such exceptional players, wasting 2 x 50 million on standbys is imprudent, especially when it blocks the development of homegrown talent. Looks like we’ve learned our lesson, thankfully. The silver lining is that we’re already incredibly strong and have yet to field three of the most naturally talented footballers in the world.

Very true but with impeding relegation it could be a masterstroke ;)

The free transfer was not just any player though and irrespective of when we signed Savio he is one hell of a prospect.
We have the excitement of watching Bobb further develop and who knows what Echeverri will bring to the table.
Would you rather that to the Rags carousel approach to mediocre players, The dippers standing still or Chelsea’s bizarre strategy?
I’m not underwhelmed at all PL.

well obviously that is 100% how we should plan our squad isnt it to make sure the fans are overwhelmed with all the shiny new toys, makes perfect sense doesnt it, i mean its not like the current board and management set up have overseen an unprecedented level of success and just might know what they are doing is it.

Alas, when you have two such exceptional players, wasting 2 x 50 million on standbys is imprudent, especially when it blocks the development of homegrown talent. Looks like we’ve learned our lesson, thankfully. The silver lining is that we’re already incredibly strong and have yet to field three of the most naturally talented footballers in the world.
We haven't got any home grown talent in those positions to block and the lack of top level cover in this very small squad is glaringly obvious. Plenty of talent out there ready to join us with 70+ games ahead and £270m in the kitty. No further strengthening in this window is asking for trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.