It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We haven't got any home grown talent in those positions to block and the lack of top level cover in this very small squad is glaringly obvious. Plenty of talent out there ready to join us with 70+ games ahead and £270m in the kitty. No further strengthening in this window is asking for trouble.
It's a stronger squad than we started last season with.

We haven't got any home grown talent in those positions to block and the lack of top level cover in this very small squad is glaringly obvious. Plenty of talent out there ready to join us with 70+ games ahead and £270m in the kitty. No further strengthening in this window is asking for trouble.
are you bonkers, the lack of top level cover is very small?

Ederson 1 st choice,gk, ortega walks into any other pl team as 1st choice

Defence - Ake, gvardiol, dias, stones, akanji literally 5 top class centre halves 3 of which who are more than happy playing at left or right back and add to that lewis and walker.

Midfield - gundogan, kovacic, rodri, bernardo, foden, kdb all established internationals, one is the current pl player of the year, one is recognised as one of the best midfielders to ever player the game and one is the currently recognised best midfield in the game, their cover is a player who was widely recognised as one of the best mfs in spain last year and who knows our system inside out, a 4 time cl and double prem winner and bernardo who there isnt enough superlatives to describe add to that lewis and stones can also play there.

Upfront - haaland (enough said) yes i agree we are maybe a striker light but pep has won a pl without a striker before now and foden etc could fill in there at a pinch, other than that we have savio, grealish, doku, and bobb to come back not to mention foden and bernardo are more than capable of playing outwide.

But absolutely lets just spend a 100m in case all these multiple pl and european winners just all of a sudden forget how to play football, i despair i really do.

If we simply add more players to the squad, then they need game time, and that inevitably eats into what is available for those we are developing. We would just be repeating the situation that developed with Alvarez and the drop off from Rodri to Nunes/Phillips shows how difficult it is to find a suitable replacement for Rodri. I sense your frustration, but I can also understand the club’s reticence. We’ve clearly decided that this will be the season where youth- Lewis, Bobb, McAtee, and, subsequently, Echeverri- will be trusted and given a chance, and exploiting the energy and talents of those players should keep the senior players fresher for longer. It’s going to be a risk, granted, but it could pay huge dividends.

are you bonkers, the lack of top level cover is very small?

Ederson 1 st choice,gk, ortega walks into any other pl team as 1st choice

Defence - Ake, gvardiol, dias, stones, akanji literally 5 top class centre halves 3 of which who are more than happy playing at left or right back and add to that lewis and walker.

Midfield - gundogan, kovacic, rodri, bernardo, foden, kdb all established internationals, one is the current pl player of the year, one is recognised as one of the best midfielders to ever player the game and one is the currently recognised best midfield in the game, their cover is a player who was widely recognised as one of the best mfs in spain last year and who knows our system inside out, a 4 time cl and double prem winner and bernardo who there isnt enough superlatives to describe add to that lewis and stones can also play there.

Upfront - haaland (enough said) yes i agree we are maybe a striker light but pep has won a pl without a striker before now and foden etc could fill in there at a pinch, other than that we have savio, grealish, doku, and bobb to come back not to mention foden and bernardo are more than capable of playing outwide.

But absolutely lets just spend a 100m in case all these multiple pl and european winners just all of a sudden forget how to play football, i despair i really do.
It may be helpful for you to understand that the absence of cover in question is specifically for Erling & Rodri. (Gundo, Kova & Stones are not CDMs btw)

Let’s not forget that we start this season with a fit Haaland and KDB. Sometimes you have to look at the players you have and how they are playing. Grealish looks better too.

It will be one hell of a team that finishes above City. Good luck.

It may be helpful for you to understand that the absence of cover in question is specifically for Erling & Rodri. (Gundo, Kova & Stones are not CDMs btw)
And it may be helpful for you to understand that we are not going to cover rodri, i have said this about a 100 times at this point, players that START at other clubs wouldnt be adequate backup for rodri that is just the way it is like it or not, that was always phillips problem he was not an inherently bad player his main problem was that he wasnt rodri and that is the curse when you have players of that quality there is no such thing as adequate and seamless backup so you change the system accordingly as you have seen in the first two games, same with erling you are not going to get a world class striker to come and sit on the bench and play 20 mins here and there and as just in case so you change the system when you need to but hey whatever works for you.

Let’s not forget that we start this season with a fit Haaland and KDB. Sometimes you have to look at the players you have and how they are playing. Grealish looks better too.

It will be one hell of a team that finishes above City. Good luck.
If Rodri doesn’t feature until Brentford, he will have had two whole months off, which is probably the longest break he’s had in years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.