It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I wasn’t being condescending, that’s your inference. I’m just intrigued as to what players other posters would have liked. I would have liked us to have signed Neves and Gimenez as cover, for example, but recognise that they would have been too expensive and unlikely to have been utilised ahead of others when Rodri and Haaland were available.
What do you define as too expensive? I'm just genuinely asking? Is 30 to 40 mil too much to ensure genuine cover for Haaland? Because I guarantee that at that number we would find at least a dozen candidates willing and able to fill that role on this squad at this point in time.

agree with this.

The clubs summer recruitment has been rather baffling tbh. We've added another wide player when we were already well stocked in that area, and completely lucked into Gundo coming back - good though that is he's 34 in November and joins 3 other 30 plus central midfielders in KDB, Kovacic and Bernie.

We've lost Alvarez and failed to replace him. We still havent addressed the Rodri issue and have now decided Kovacic is that man though we had zero trust in him last season doing it, thus the squads 2 main issues simply haven't been addressed.

We are 1 injury from a huge hole and a major problem. Meanwhile we've trousered £170m in fees. For me this implies 2 inferences - the first being that a large transfer pot is being saved for a new manager next summer and Pep is off, or we are expecting a huge fine in the 115 hearings.
or we are not stupid and see no reason to blow millions on players we don't actually want?
There is not a chance in hell that City are going to sandbag Pep and not back him, what better way to try and get someone to stay then to ruin the squad and sell all the players.

We have replaced Alvarez with Savinho, he can play across the front line, he hasn't got as much experience centrally as Alvarez has but hes much better on either wing and we have several options if Haaland doesn't play. A Foden, Savinho and Doku front 3 for example is full of pace, skill and plenty of ability.

Kovacic despite his age can get better you know, its entirely possible that Pep is willing to tweak the system and Kovacic can now deliver what is required to deputise for Rodri, its worked so far?

agree with this.

The clubs summer recruitment has been rather baffling tbh. We've added another wide player when we were already well stocked in that area, and completely lucked into Gundo coming back - good though that is he's 34 in November and joins 3 other 30 plus central midfielders in KDB, Kovacic and Bernie.

We've lost Alvarez and failed to replace him. We still havent addressed the Rodri issue and have now decided Kovacic is that man though we had zero trust in him last season doing it, thus the squads 2 main issues simply haven't been addressed.

We are 1 injury from a huge hole and a major problem. Meanwhile we've trousered £170m in fees. For me this implies 2 inferences - the first being that a large transfer pot is being saved for a new manager next summer and Pep is off, or we are expecting a huge fine in the 115 hearings.

Those linking a quiet summer to the 115 are frankly nuts. As if we are in anyway guilty, there would more than likely be a transfer ban, so if we were expecting any future punishment, we’d be spending like drunken sailors/Chelsea.

Who would you buy to replace Alvarez? I ask this, because there seems to be zero easily identifiable options. Perhaps we have a plan, which will likely require Walker, KDB and Gundogan next summer. Which may require £200m plus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.