It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Although we do have Savinho to free up the position Foden or Kev would play, pushing them in either behind haaland, or instead of (with others like Grealish Gundo then also taking up different roles).

Look I want a second striker, and have committed to saying I expected one by the end of the window. If we don't end up with one though, we have options. And we also have January not far off if they happen to not work as expected.
Just not sure a player with the quality we need will sign for a bench role. Would have to be a gamble on a young player like Alvarez was when we signed.... I thought Alvarez was pretty hit and miss over the back half of last season anyway.

Real Madrid is going to implode. Next summer will be interesting. Vini jr already not passing to Mbappe and Rodrygo is being pushed out. Mbappe won’t be sold.

Have a feeling Vini or Rodrygo will be available next summer and Pep loves a winger.

Savinho isn't a number 9 - neither is Doku whilst playing Foden as a false 9 is a great idea in principle but also leaves us short of him in midfield so you gain/lose by moving him to a new role. We've left ourselves needlessly short - we are continually told the club has lists of targets at each position for each window, but the failure to address the obvious needs smacks of 19/20 when we desperately needed a Centre Half and leader when Vinny left. We didn't do anything, Laporte got injured and as a result the PL and CL went down the pan with it. One Haaland injury and we are scrambling about moving square pegs into round holes. It might work out if we keep our fingers and everything crossed but we've needlessly plonked ourselves into a position of huge jeopardy.
Alvarez isn't a number 9 either if you really want to go do down that route.

Yes because there were lots of world class centre halfs and leaders sat around waiting to join us after Kompany left.

At the end of the day, not a single person on this forum knows what the landscape of the transfers are. If you really want to believe that there are players sat around waiting to join us but City are refusing to go for them then you go ahead, or alternatively you can believe that City do know what they are doing (not much evidence to back that up I guess?) and so we will make a move if one makes sense, alternatively we will just carry on as we are.

Alvarez isn't a number 9 either if you really want to go do down that route.

Yes because there were lots of world class centre halfs and leaders sat around waiting to join us after Kompany left.

At the end of the day, not a single person on this forum knows what the landscape of the transfers are. If you really want to believe that there are players sat around waiting to join us but City are refusing to go for them then you go ahead, or alternatively you can believe that City do know what they are doing (not much evidence to back that up I guess?) and so we will make a move if one makes sense, alternatively we will just carry on as we are.

Yeah. Just look ant Arenal, they are desperate for a decent number 9 but it seems they will go with they have and are not prepared to compromise on quality and just bring anyone in.

Real Madrid is going to implode. Next summer will be interesting. Vini jr already not passing to Mbappe and Rodrygo is being pushed out. Mbappe won’t be sold.

Have a feeling Vini or Rodrygo will be available next summer and Pep loves a winger.
If they lose Vinicius, they will be desperate to get Haaland.
I hope Mbappe and Vinicius stay there for a long time.

I read earlier in the week that the Saudis are already making overtures to Vini Jr. if he were to become available we should move heaven and earth to get him. He is a fantastic player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.