It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Im expecting 100 + Rodrygo for that Haaland RC next summer being on the table.. :p

Wirtz would be great,
Guerra need to see more of.

not really arsed about the rest.

I’ve been watching Guerra since the start of the la liga season since we had interest. Valencia have been shit , but you can see why we are interested. He plays like Rodri when he was at Atletico. Aggressive but with discipline, press resistant etc

I’ve been watching Guerra since the start of the la liga season since we had interest. Valencia have been shit , but you can see why we are interested. He plays like Rodri when he was at Atletico.
Keep us posted, saw the Madrid game. Some engine on him and the other lad in the middle, can see why we're looking.

Yeah. Just look ant Arenal, they are desperate for a decent number 9 but it seems they will go with they have and are not prepared to compromise on quality and just bring anyone in.
They're not desperate for a 9 though, that's just the media/social media fans peddling that idea because they don't have a haaland and it's easy for them to say "they'd be better if they had somebody like haaland" when looking for ways in which they can improve enough to best us in the league.

havertz fits the false 9 better than anybody we've ever had at city do it, that's his natural position, he can drop in and play and he's got the physical presence and goalscoring ability to replicate a real 9. Then they've got Jesus when he's fit, An actual striker who again can fill the roles of a genuine 9, soneone who drops and a winger.

Crucially, they've got goalscoring wingers, saka, Martinelli and trossard all weigh in with good numbers and odegaard behind them puts in good numbers too. They're set up to play with a false 9 and have more than 1 option to do it. We're geared towards play as a 9 with wingers to provide for the 9 and we only have 1 player to play as the 9. Without him our entire approach is thrown out of the window. We have a real need for one, arsenal do not.

Yeah. Just look ant Arenal, they are desperate for a decent number 9 but it seems they will go with they have and are not prepared to compromise on quality and just bring anyone in.

No idea why Arsenal don’t sign Osimhen. I bloody hope they don’t anyway.

Nico Williams
Rodrygo
Wirtz
Musiala
Salah (free transfer)
Kimmich (free transfer)
Sane (free transfer)
Javi Guerra apparently has a 30 million release clause
Vini jr (maybe)
Son (free transfer)

So many opportunities next summer

A lot of them will probably sign new contracts between now and next summer. I wish we could have got Son this summer, would be great in our squad.

But I’d love Nico Williams here and obviously Vini jr. To be honest most of that list would be bloody amazing signings.

There’s a reason we haven’t spent big this summer and this is it. The market will be far better next summer. (Rodrygo, Musiala, Wirtz etc). But of course people want shiny new toys every summer instead of trusting that the board actually have a plan.
What makes you think we cannot spend big both windows? We bring in as much as anybody and we've made profit last 2 seasons, we aren't in a position where we need to put the brakes on spending, we could easily spend £200m+ today and next summer and the summer after and have zero issues, money isn't a restricting factor for us right now.

Sterling to Arsenal could be a thing today
Arteta worked with him a lot at City and was supposedly a big part of his scoring and overall improvement in play, would be a decent move for him/them although doubtful he replaces Saka, and they have Martinelli and Trossard on the left? False 9 option?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.