Should be all over this.

Great player, but;
Wrong side of 30
Difficult temperament
Made of glass
Huge wages
Lacks physicality
Only plays as a pivot

He won't want to come here and be cover for Rodri, we won't want to spend those kind of wages on a squad player and yet, outside of the odd game where we wanted a true double pivot (the ones where we play Gundogan sitting very deep alongside Rodri) he'd only be here as cover.
Couldn't do Stones' role either as he isn't a defender.

Great player, but;
Wrong side of 30
Difficult temperament
Made of glass
Huge wages
Lacks physicality
Only plays as a pivot

He won't want to come here and be cover for Rodri, we won't want to spend those kind of wages on a squad player and yet, outside of the odd game where we wanted a true double pivot (the ones where we play Gundogan sitting very deep alongside Rodri) he'd only be here as cover.
Couldn't do Stones' role either as he isn't a defender.
pretty much game set and match not sure he would even be considered, Difficult temperament alone enough to say no ta, we just dont have that kind of player around the club. The worst we see is a poker-face when a player is subbed. Long may it be so

Wishing well, kiss and tell

me more :-)
I was watching a match a few years ago on tv.
One of the Milan teams.
It was a US based sports channel, Craig Burley was on the commentary panel.
They panned around the ground and I recall the US commentator pointing someone and said to his co commentator.
"Do you recognise that guy, comes here fairly often"

Then said that's "TAFKATTD"

I still hadn't a clue until he said who he was, still involved in music but has changed his name.
Obviously living in Italy now.

Poor man's Mac Alister. 27 apps (Bundesliga+CL) 0 assists, 0 goals. Barely plays for Bayern minutes wise, and he is supposed to be our Gundogan replacement? I am not convinced.

For me, if we miss out on Jude, it has to be one of:
De Jong
Mac Allister
Wirtz
Barella
Rice
He's 20

I watched barrella yesterday against Roma and he was brilliant. If we need a Bernardo replacement this guy is the one. He’s everywhere around the pitch and aggressive in duels just like Bernardo. Mcallister again a proper replacement for Bernardo rather than a different player profile. Brilliant feat and dribbling also. The replacement for gundo whereas surely has to be frenkie de jong in terms of an intelligent player who can control the pace of the game and is reliable to keep the ball and pick the right pass.

For me as much as Bellingham is excited he isn’t really a natural replacement for Bernardo/gundogan like the two above could be. I would also argue the two aboves skill sets are more suited to a pep system and could play alongside kev without unbalancing the team.

Just my opinion though! Plus you could probably get both for the same as Bellingham alone! Viega/wirtz are Kev replacements or back ups and couldn’t play in midfield with kev in the big games- you’d be leaving Rodri by himself.

Rice is a non-starter. He’s a back up for Rodri only and why even if Phillips leaves would you spend 100m for a backup. Not good enough to run a midfield like Gundo or technical enough to be a Bernardo replacement

Last edited:
I was watching a match a few years ago on tv.
One of the Milan teams.
It was a US based sports channel, Craig Burley was on the commentary panel.
They panned around the ground and I recall the US commentator pointing someone and said to his co commentator.
"Do you recognise that guy, comes here fairly often"

Then said that's "TAFKATTD"

I still hadn't a clue until he said who he was, still involved in music but has changed his name.
Obviously living in Italy now.
You’re on fire the last few days X.

If he does move, then we’re more likely to see Gravenberch at the other end of the East Lancs Road, I would think, alongside van Dijk and Gakpo. The Dutch press more often have stories suggesting he’s either staying put or he’s headed there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.