It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I really can’t see Phillips staying with us next season. It’s clear Pep has absolutely no faith in him. We’re playing Gundogan at 6 rather than him. With 4 games left of the season he hasn’t made a single league start which is astonishing for an England international. Said it before get rid of Phillips and bring back Lavia. He’d get 15-20 starts over the season.

I watched barrella yesterday against Roma and he was brilliant. If we need a Bernardo replacement this guy is the one. He’s everywhere around the pitch and aggressive in duels just like Bernardo. Mcallister again a proper replacement for Bernardo rather than a different player profile. Brilliant feat and dribbling also. The replacement for gundo whereas surely has to be frenkie de jong in terms of an intelligent player who can control the pace of the game and is reliable to keep the ball and pick the right pass.

For me as much as Bellingham is excited he isn’t really a natural replacement for Bernardo/gundogan like the two above could be. I would also argue the two aboves skill sets are more suited to a pep system and could play alongside kev without unbalancing the team.

Just my opinion though! Plus you could probably get both for the same as Bellingham alone! Viega/wirtz are Kev replacements or back ups and couldn’t play in midfield with kev in the big games- you’d be leaving Rodri by himself.

Rice is a non-starter. He’s a back up for Rodri only and why even if Phillips leaves would you spend 100m for a backup. Not good enough to run a midfield like Gundo or technical enough to be a Bernardo replacement
I really can’t see Phillips staying with us next season. It’s clear Pep has absolutely no faith in him. We’re playing Gundogan at 6 rather than him. With 4 games left of the season he hasn’t made a single league start which is astonishing for an England international. Said it before get rid of Phillips and bring back Lavia. He’d get 15-20 starts over the season.
He has to go, complete disaster buy and said it would be last summer. Those who were for it suggested he would push rodri and be competition for him. I don’t think there’s a player in the world better than Rodri at what he does

He has to go, complete disaster buy and said it would be last summer. Those who were for it suggested he would push rodri and be competition for him. I don’t think there’s a player in the world better than Rodri at what he does
except Gundogan. :-)

Raphael Guerreiro would be an excellent signing for this team, on a free, plenty of experience and can play inverted. Only a case of whether we want someone younger and more physical maybe

He can play centre mid or at left back. He sounds perfect for the fullback/CM hybrid role. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him outside the odd Dortmund game, but on a free it sounds insane his name isn't even being rumoured.

I assume the club has a number of midfield options, should Gundo and/or Bernie leave. Hopefully neither do but we will have planned for that scenario, I can’t see us suddenly thinking oh shit we‘re short in midfield. Our squad is already too small.

Worst case scenario would be Bellingham to Madrid, MacAllister to scousers, Rice to Arsenal and de Jong to rag scum. But there must be better options for us than Gravenberch if that happens.

I still think we’ll buy Maddison, not saying I want him or need him but he seems the sort of decent-ish on his day player that Pep could significantly improve.

Unless Phillips seriously improves though we still need someone high quality to play when Rodri is rested/out.

Gravenberch is bollocks, dreamed up by those transfer frauds Tom Hopkinson and Dan King.

Is Gvardiol still high on the list mate?

Yes. As is Bellingham.

West Ham want Phillips and if he asks to go, we won't stand in his way.

If that is the case and Bellingham opts for Madrid, then we can't discount Phillips being in the equation for a Rice transfer.

Pep is a huge fan of Rice also.

Phillips and £50m might be enough?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.