It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Just goes to show that any of the 3 teams could win. It's mostly down to management, mental character, officiating and luck.
I wouldn't swap our squad for either of the others though as I believe we are stronger/better overall (even with Kovacic missing from that list).

Just goes to show that any of the 3 teams could win. It's mostly down to management, mental character, officiating and luck.
Which is the point

The narrative that our squad depth is so much weaker than our rivals is just not true

I back our quality and Pep to overcome the odd 1 or 2 players "advantage" they have over us

Well I’ve just listened to Pep and he repeated that Foden could play there and there wasn’t anyone he wanted available. Which is what I’ve been saying.

It’s an entirely reasonable train of thought.

I think you need to accept that Pep doesn’t agree with you and might know what he is doing.
We could always get Michel Vonk back in on a free if we need an emergency striker.

i think the only concerns about our squad is age and cover

Our midfielders are getting on - Bernardo, KDB Kova Gundo...all either 30 or older (Rodri is 28 I think) - this just leads to the possibility of more injuries (especially KDB) but the quality is definitely there.

The other issue is cover:
1. Rodri - Pep I think will use Bernadro and Kova as a double pivot to cover for Rodri when he doesnt play...good enough for a lot of games but its if Rodri is out for crucial big matches that is the issue.

2. Haaland - Bobb back in December which adds another attacker and everyone thinks we will play false 9 (which is probably true) - Foden, Bobb even Gundo could play that role... Will other teams be more wise to a false 9 however this time.....doesnt mean it still wont work however.

We do have a couple of players who are potential sick notes as well which will only add pressure onto a smaller squad....Stones and Ake being the two major ones..... and both are crucial players as Stones is the other player who can fill in for Rodri

I've a similar view. I have him in my fantasy team not because he's a brilliant player but he fits that role at Arsenal and I see him playing there every week until they can find a striker who will score enough or do more for the team and that's easier said than done.

Not a great reason to bloat our squad though. We have great options, mostly young players all competing for our wide attacking positions. I'd rather any of our current options than Raz. I loved him as a city player but we've moved on. + He was shit at Chelsea last season

Not sure you know what bloat means.

i think the only concerns about our squad is age and cover

Our midfielders are getting on - Bernardo, KDB Kova Gundo...all either 30 or older (Rodri is 28 I think) - this just leads to the possibility of more injuries (especially KDB) but the quality is definitely there.

The other issue is cover:
1. Rodri - Pep I think will use Bernadro and Kova as a double pivot to cover for Rodri when he doesnt play...good enough for a lot of games but its if Rodri is out for crucial big matches that is the issue.

2. Haaland - Bobb back in December which adds another attacker and everyone thinks we will play false 9 (which is probably true) - Foden, Bobb even Gundo could play that role... Will other teams be more wise to a false 9 however this time.....doesnt mean it still wont work however.

We do have a couple of players who are potential sick notes as well which will only add pressure onto a smaller squad....Stones and Ake being the two major ones..... and both are crucial players as Stones is the other player who can fill in for Rodri
I think that’s where Lewis, McAtee, Bobb, Echeverri, and even Nunes will come into play. I expect them to appear even in games where one might not expect them (cf. Crystal Palace away last season), as apart from being talented in their own right, they will be tasked with doing some of the leg work that keeps the senior players fresher for longer.

For all those worried about reinforcements, I have it on very good authority that one of the most exciting young players in Europe will be joining the team in January.

He can play anywhere across the front three, is highly-rated by Pep, and is considered one of the biggest talents his country has produced in recent years.

There’ll be a few who won’t get this.

For all those worried about reinforcements, I have it on very good authority that one of the most exciting young players in Europe will be joining the team in January.

He can play anywhere across the front three, is highly-rated by Pep, and is considered one of the biggest talents his country has produced in recent years.

I hope he heals well and comes back with the same football ability before the injury. I am so worried that injury could have set him back significantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.