It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I hope he heals well and comes back with the same football ability before the injury. I am so worried that injury could have set him back significantly.
It's a fairly minor injury if he will only be out 2-3 months. It shouldn't really have any significant impact on his development.

I think that’s where Lewis, McAtee, Bobb, Echeverri, and even Nunes will come into play. I expect them to appear even in games where one might not expect them (cf. Crystal Palace away last season), as apart from being talented in their own right, they will be tasked with doing some of the leg work that keeps the senior players fresher for longer.
Echeveri is a complete unknown quantity so I dinr think we should be thinking about him

Bobb is a real talent...foden level in my opinion...just hope he comes back from the injury the same.

Mcatee I like...just not sure hevis quite going to make it....he needs to take a final step

It's a fairly minor injury if he will only be out 2-3 months. It shouldn't really have any significant impact on his development.
I hope so. I am looking forward to what he can do for this team. Having 3 players coming from our academy on our 11 ripping it up, would be a lovely sight to see. Bobb, Foden and Rico all showing their football prowess!

It’s an interesting window if slightly boring (I know shiny new toy syndrome, but who doesn’t like a big money signing).

We have brought in 2 high quality players, at different stages of their career but both will add a lot. We also brought in with little effort and fuss or expense.

If Savio had started like he had and cost £70 million, the window might be viewed differently??

Lost a quality player in Julian, don’t care for the bad vibes or down playing because he left. He is a very talented kid who will go on to do great things. However, I think the club approach on how the handle players wanting to leave and sales to be a good one.

Selling younger players or CFA/ CFG one has become part and parcel and that revenue has really added up over the seasons. It is great work and sometimes goes unnoticed as we are so consistent. If anything we have arguably not brought in this category as much as normal with just the guy from West Ham, but I do not know the availability and talent etc. we have in the younger teams to know if it was needed or not.

We didn’t sell Phillips nor did we get an obligation to buy (or one if they stayed up) would have been tough and I think we really needed Leeds to go up to get that deal.

We sold Cancelo, as you see clubs stuck with high earners Sancho/ Sterling and potentially paying off, the deal seems very good. Nice for us to benefit from the Saudi League for once.

Rumours on Nunes but I believe everyone deserves a second season and actually think he has something and is a good player (whether his skillset works for us, I’m unsure) but I do feel we will have a market for him if not.

The debate on here as Pep says we will see, not replacing Julian on the face of it looks a risk and time will tell.

This we can just play a false 9, seems strange to me and we wouldn’t to be changing our shape anywhere else on the field due to 1 player being rested/ injured. I genuinely feel he may play Foden as an out/ out 9 doing the stretching runs (but it does sound a bit crazy)

I also feel it doesn’t like to be acknowledged but this window, has been done on the face of charges and regardless of confidence level it always pays to plan. I don’t think it’s a coincidence our lowest net spend/ biggest profit is this year.

We could be carrying a contingency in case we do not get CL football and still want to pay the players the CL wages as it could not be their fault. We could also have found it tougher to get the elite players with this hanging over us and would have had to provide contract provisions etc. or simply thought next season is better as it will no longer be a consideration. We might also go after the trail in Jan as that point we should have more confidence in outcome.

Planning for all possible outcomes is best practice and in no way an indication of confidence or guilt.

Have we got enough to win the league or CL, yes but as always it won’t be easy and we will need some luck along the way.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not seeing many on here saying anything about us being a disaster. This is potentially the deepest, most versatile squad we've had under Pep. But it lacks a second player who plays in the 9 position. That's not hyperbole, complaining or anything else. It's just a simple fact. In the 2 seasons Erling Haaland has been here we have had Julian Alvarez here to provide back up at the 9. Now we don't have Alvarez. Again, the facts are we have no one. Not a less established player. Not a veteran who can do a job. No one. Hopefully this never becomes an issue for us in terms of derailing us from our objectives, small margins and all that...
Foden false 9, excellent there. Won the league 3 years ago with false 9 all season.

For all those worried about reinforcements, I have it on very good authority that one of the most exciting young players in Europe will be joining the team in January.

He can play anywhere across the front three, is highly-rated by Pep, and is considered one of the biggest talents his country has produced in recent years.

Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.