It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep doesn't go for long contracts, never has and said he never will.
To humour you haven't we got loads of world class players here? Many not yet at their peak? You're just another of those people who has a downer on City. Read the press and Pep's going so it must be true. Haaland is going to Real Madrid, Bernardo's going here there and everywhere, everyone's leaving .............BORING!!!!!!

Sweeping, incorrect statement but that’s OK. I started with speculation about a player we’ve been linked with then fact about Pep’s contract. Obviously neither of which you liked which is fine.

FWIW, I think he’ll extend regardless - as I’ve said countless times - because why wouldn’t he…

…but Musiala signing would be the cherry on his decision making cake. In my opinion.

We should all have realised by now that Pep Guardiola was always Sheikh Mansour's masterplan, & everything at Manchester City was built & prepared for Baldy's eventual arrival. As Pep has always intimated, as long as the players & fans are with him, the management back him & he can keep bringing success to Manchester City, he's happy where he is.
Pretty much this, its all up to Pep and Pep alone. No other factor will be key, everything is how he wants/needs to thrive, outside of his own mental/personal drive.

Pretty much this, its all up to Pep and Pep alone. No other factor will be key, everything is how he wants/needs to thrive, outside of his own mental/personal drive.
I noticed how fresh Pep looks & how pleased he seems since pre-season. He's got a smile on him that says a thousand words.

Seeing Bernardo bouncing up & down on the sidelines waiting to come on during the Community Shield was another encouraging sign. He growled & made a fist gesture as he gee'd up his team mates to get back into the match. His first act was to lead by example by clattering a Rag player, & his second was to score the equaliser.

After asking Pep what he needed to do to get back into the team, Grealish acknowledges he fucked up at the end of our treble season. As opposed to last summer, this pre-season he had a quiet holiday away with his family, & then started pre-season training early with a personal trainer in an attempt to put a poor season behind him, & it's working.

I didn't pay much attention to the England matches, but fans & pundits are all saying what many of us are calling for, & that's for Grealish to play centrally, to allow our tricky, skillful wingers to tear the arse out of the opposition.

Rico (Zico)! What more can I say. He's been a revelation since pre-season! He's grown up loads, & you can see he no longer looks like a star struck EDS lad. He's now a player who feels he's good enough & tough enough to play for the first team.

Pep went ballistic at the squad last season for not protecting & sticking up for Zico when opposition players kept clattering him, to upset his momentum. The squad have responded & Rico has become far smarter when faced with broken nosed, cauliflower eared hatchet men who're trying to take him out.

The signing of Kovacic made little sense to most of us a year ago, but since pre-season he's making City fans think the unthinkable of "Rodri who?". He's been absolutely stellar for us so far, hence why I reckon we've not bothered with a CDM to challenge, rest & rotate with Rodders.

KDB & Haaland look fighting fit & back to their very best & look up for the scrap, & Savinho has been a revelation on the right, mirroring the devastating Doku on the left. I'm gutted for Bobb, as he was the star player during the USA tour, but he'll be back.

Gundog returning was just the icing on the cake. We know what he brings, & he looks like he's never been away & brings a calm assurance, which beautifully knits our play together.

There's no way the likes of Bernardo & Pep haven't been given the inside track on Barça's woes by the likes of Gundog, Cancelo, Garcia & Torres. I think they all now realise which side their bread's buttered, hence our staff being more settled at the Etihad & not being interested in options being offered elsewhere.

Added to Echeverri's arrival in January, & talk of City's interest in Musiala & Wirtz why on fuckin earth would Pep Guardiola walk away from all this potential, at a club challenging for everything & providing him with the tools & environment he needs to succeed?

This is why I think Pep keeps himself, the management, the owner & the players on their toes by only signing two year extensions. This way, it's difficult for anyone to get too comfortable & take anything for granted.

We've already seen the mental meltdown of Teeth over at Klanfield, & now it's Arteta & Slot machine who're tasked with taking Pep down. If anything, Guardiola looks more up for the scrap than I've ever seen him & long may it continue.

As for City fans? Please stop thinking & talking about life after Pep, & just enjoy the master at work during City's golden era.

Don't forget eik immel, frontzeck, gaudinio, and tarnatt .
Ahhh, Maurizio Gaudino, I have a constant reminder of this fine footballer, a scar on my forehead when he scored at Goodison, a 50p piece it was, I was handed it by a fellow blue stood up behind me, Jesus it stung at the time………..Maurizio, Maurizio, Maurizioooooooooo….Gaudino

when was the last time we brought a player from these clubs ( Real Madrid, Barcelona ,Bayern , Spurs, Chelsea , Liverpool , Arsenal , Newcastle , Inter, Milan , Napoli , Juve , PSG)? and they really needed him at that moment?

Here we cannot count, for example, Kovačić

when was the last time we brought a player from these clubs ( Real Madrid, Barcelona ,Bayern , Spurs, Chelsea , Liverpool , Arsenal , Newcastle , Inter, Milan , Napoli , Juve , PSG)? and they really needed him at that moment?

Here we cannot count, for example, Kovačić
Cancelo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.