It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Which is great but I come back to, would he come not being sure of being first choice when he could walk into Arsenal,united, chelsea. liverpool,newcastle.
Second would we spend £100 mill for a back up, when we may well need to spend that sort of money to replace Bernardo and Gundogan, maybe Laporte and Cancelo too ?
If the answers yes to both then I’m all in, I just doubt it would be myself.
He wont be 100, and we'll throw Phillips in the deal. prob looking at Kalvin & 30 at best

He wont be 100, and we'll throw Phillips in the deal. prob looking at Kalvin & 30 at best
Reckon he will be £100, but whatever he is is the price, throwing out going sales in is liverpool style maths.
If we paid £100mill for rice and sold phillips to another club for £30 mill doesn’t make Rice £70 mill, neither does selling phillips to West Ham.

He's not going to say anything else at this point.
But I believe if West Ham want him, and we want Rice, it will have traction.
Mate, he's surrounded by highly successful & decorated players who've mostly all suffered from that first season syndrome at the Etihad. Philips isn't the first & won't be the last.

He'll have this in the back of his mind & I bet he can't wait for this season to be over so he can have a break & return injury free to a full pre-season, where hopefully he can press the reset button, start again, but this time with a season's experience behind him.

It was only 6 months ago that everyone wanted Grealish sold because he was an expensive £100m flop. We can say the same about Rodri, Aké, Mahrez & several others.

If Philips has anything about him, he'll want to stay & prove himself to be the player which first attracted him to City's attention...

Mate, he's surrounded by highly successful & decorated players who've mostly all suffered from that first season syndrome at the Etihad. Philips isn't the first & won't be the last.

He'll have this in the back of his mind & I bet he can't wait for this season to be over so he can have a break & return injury free to a full pre-season, where hopefully he can press the reset button, start again, but this time with a season's experience behind him.

It was only 6 months ago that everyone wanted Grealish sold because he was an expensive £100m flop. We can say the same about Rodri, Aké, Mahrez & several others.

If Philips has anything about him, he'll want to stay & prove himself to be the player which first attracted him to City's attention...
I agree with everything you say. But this is the worst 1st season adaption of any of the players you mention.
Maybe he is wanting to fight for his place, maybe he wants out.
I'm saying that if he does want out, and WH want him, let's do a deal that (in theory) all parties are happy with.

I agree with everything you say. But this is the worst 1st season adaption of any of the players you mention.
Maybe he is wanting to fight for his place, maybe he wants out.
I'm saying that if he does want out, and WH want him, let's do a deal that (in theory) all parties are happy with.
But he was recovering from a serious injury when we first got him, & then he dislocated his shoulder twice. He had a World Cup & returned to a team who were out of form, with internal issues which we now know Cancelo was central to.

It's easy supporting players when they're on top form, but it's when they're struggling that they need & deserve our support the most. We're City fans & Philips is one of us. If we don't back him, who will & what does that say about our increasingly Rag-like fan base?

But he was recovering from a serious injury when we first got him, & then he dislocated his shoulder twice. He had a World Cup & returned to a team who were out of form, with internal issues which we now know Cancelo was central to.

It's easy supporting players when they're on top form, but it's when they're struggling that they need & deserve our support the most. We're City fans & Philips is one of us. If we don't back him, who will & what does that say about our increasingly Rag-like fan base?
I've been a positive voice for Kalvin this year. I hoped he would start to show his undoubted quality, because he is a good footballer.
But his playing time figures after the world Cup are no better than when he was injured.
My spider senses are telling me his shape doesn't fit in the hole we need filling. I hope I'm wrong.
Support of players doesn't not preclude the speculation on their futures, nor of replacements. This is, after all, the Transfer Forum :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.