It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

@BlueHammer85

What you think? can Rice play a more advanced role? while also having the ability to get stuck in.

I think so,plus how ca a team with KDB,Grealish,Foden and Haaland be deemed too defensive?

Sign MacAllister too,and our options are there if we want the more attacking side.
Maybe too was the wrong word, but more defensive. Basically were are replacing Gundogan with Rice in your team, looking at @BlueHammer85 reply he too thinks Rice wouldn't have the attacking skills Gundogan gives us. I'm not saying Rice can't replace Gundogan, just I've not seen it from him. Maybe just beause of the teams he's played for.

@BlueHammer85

What you think? can Rice play a more advanced role? while also having the ability to get stuck in.

I think so,plus how ca a team with KDB,Grealish,Foden and Haaland be deemed too defensive?

Sign MacAllister too,and our options are there if we want the more attacking side.
It’s definitely too defensive. Not in terms of the quality of the attackers, but in terms of numbers. When against a back 5 with 4 infront of them, we’d have basically 4 players tasked with breaking their structure. Not enough. If playing Rice and Rodri together, I’d rather have one of them in the Stones hybrid CB/DM role and then have another midfielder in there that’s better higher up the pitch.

No way we get all of the first 3 mate, as nice as that would be though! Not enough game time for everyone and no need for all 3 imo.
Why not mate, FDJ for Bernie and De Bruyne if needed or when he is rested, Rice rotate with Rodri and Bellingham for Gundo. Seems fine to me :)

It’s definitely too defensive. Not in terms of the quality of the attackers, but in terms of numbers. When against a back 5 with 4 infront of them, we’d have basically 4 players tasked with breaking their structure. Not enough. If playing Rice and Rodri together, I’d rather have one of them in the Stones hybrid CB/DM role and then have another midfielder in there that’s better higher up the pitch.
...and if there's a top player that is natural in that hybrid 'libero' position, it's De Jong. Played exactly that role when broke through at Ajax.

As for Rice, don't see him adding anything to our starting 11. Top player, but not an upgrade on Rodri, not creative enough to play as 8, and too expensive to be a backup

Give me any 2 out of the following : FDJ, Bellingham, Mac Allister, Rice

I would be very happy with that :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.