It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You forgot phillips, not good enough
I think the jury on him has not returned its verdict. He might well go this summer, but I have a feeling that we might keep him and see yet another new system, one that sees Phillips and Kovacic sit in the middle and where we are a little more expansive up the park. Rodri is deserving of an extended break, so we might see something different in the early part of next season. Just a hunch.

Txiki and co don’t have much time for celebrating IMO, we’ve already lost out on Bellingham, MacAllister and Guerreiro this summer who we were all looking at.

I’m sure we have back ups lined up, but we need to secure them quickly because no one wants to be going after 3rd or 4th choice options.

Not sure we were ever seriously looking at Mac Allister mate - if anything, we’ve suggested the opposite.

Otherwise you’re absolutely spot on though - no time for pissing about patting ourselves on the back for winning the Treble while our competitors focus on strengthening for the season ahead.

Our worst enemy this summer is complacency!

Last edited:
I am very, very comfortable about player movement this summer. I can't help but feel that the majority of our business will already have been done and that announcements will now be made following last night's match: you don't make announcements before games of such importance.
I can see two players being somewhat "Done deals" but the harder ones are yet to come. City will have a final decision from Laporte, Bernardo and Gundo in the next week. Replacing the latter is a major uphill battle.

Seems like Gundo is gone.. I have no idea why they didnt go for Mac Allister. Need progressive players. Kovacic is a ball recycler, still like him though.

Last edited:
I thought our summer transfer market would be interesting, especially after yesterday's historic and glorious victory, as this is definitely a good opportunity to thoroughly refresh the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.