It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Money does not replace experience, mentality and desire.

I think all 3 will leave this window, the rest will have to step up and Tixki will have to work his magic.

This. I can respect the business side of football and want to see the club run on a healthy net spend, but as a fan I really couldn't care less how much a player sells for.

Also, whilst the likes of Gundogan and Bernardo can be replaced in regards to quality, their experience and big game mentality you can't replace easily..those qualities are worth £100's of millions. It's what wins trophies.

I just wonder if Gundogan, Bernardo and Mahrez all want out, I think the club might feel we have enough credit in the bank to risk losing them, rebuild this summer and see how it transitions next year. I think had we not won the CL, we couldn't afford to do that next season.

This. I can respect the business side of football and want to see the club run on a healthy net spend, but as a fan I really couldn't care less how much a player sells for.

Also, whilst the likes of Gundogan and Bernardo can be replaced in regards to quality, their experience and big game mentality you can't replace easily..those qualities are worth £100's of millions. It's what wins trophies.

I just wonder if Gundogan, Bernardo and Mahrez all want out, I think the club might feel we have enough credit in the bank to risk losing them, rebuild this summer and see how it transitions next year. I think had we not won the CL, we couldn't afford to do that next season.
I think the step up of Rodri, Dias, Walker into locker room leaders as well might soften the blow, the squad is filling with leaders who have been there and done it, over a few.

I guess we are going to see transfers gathering pace this week. Would love to see Gundo stay but have a feeling that he may feel now is the time to go.

Txiki and co don’t have much time for celebrating IMO, we’ve already lost out on Bellingham, MacAllister and Guerreiro this summer who we were all looking at.

I’m sure we have back ups lined up, but we need to secure them quickly because no one wants to be going after 3rd or 4th choice options.

We should have cash to burn without selling players mate? Bernardo and Mahrez could bring in alone £100-120m?
There will be minimum £50 million up to £100 million in academy player departures. We had about three goalkeepers out on loan to championship sides (Muric and Steffen were two), plus a whole host of others like Harwood - Bellis. Depending on what we do with Doyle and McAtee we could easily reach the upper end. Although I’m hoping McAtee at least gets a chance here.

There will be minimum £50 million up to £100 million in academy player departures. We had about three goalkeepers out on loan to championship sides (Muric and Steffen were two), plus a whole host of others like Harwood - Bellis. Depending on what we do with Doyle and McAtee we could easily reach the upper end. Although I’m hoping McAtee at least gets a chance here.

Plus the prize money min £250m lol

I think mcatee will get a new contract and back to Sheffield United mate. I really hope the players we sign this summer are top class though and we push on with a squad refresh? Our rivals are already off and going due to our season only just ending so txiki needs to shake the hangover off and get to work! Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.