It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Thing is he can't - he is trying to become City-lite, but Pep is unique and a genius. How many coaches have left Pep's management team and become successful? VK player for 3 years? Xavi player for 5 years? who else has.

I wrote in similar tones on a Gooner's channel about this subject, that Arteta had no ability to change systems with players as he's only piggybacked Guardiola's system that he's worked with.

Guardiola toys, tweaks and pulls at his systems within the players ability to soak up the information he's taught them for years allowing them to [seamlessly] switch during the game.

Guardiola's not just building a new system, he's building upon old ones that Arteta and others don't know about. So, the experienced players know from Plan A to Plan X and it's why players take ages to get things into their heads.

We, as City fans, know this. Arsenal/ Arteta and other clubs and media seem to gloss over this fact, thus the domination City show in games, become 'boring' as we play our own game that nullifies theirs (for the most part).

'They' [the media] call it "going through the gears" which is a very poor dissection of what we do on the pitch and something, managers/ teams are yet to get to grips with.

I don't usually pay attention to video clips, but this is different.

He's got extraordinary timing of when to release the pass and the right weight on it. It's very de Bruyne-like as well as having some amazing balance. I just wish he had a right foot!

I'm not arsed about the dribbling as that would be coached out of him, but the instinctive need to be a team player seems to be paramount.

That's what exciting for me.
His vision and weight of pass are superb. He has enormous potential, IMO, but we will really know when he makes the step up. He has done all that has been asked of him, and is a key reason for the success of Borges and Mebude (talented though they are) in that he opens the space and releases them at the right time.

His vision and weight of pass are superb. He has enormous potential, IMO, but we will really know when he makes the step up. He has done all that has been asked of him, and is a key reason for the success of Borges and Mebude (talented though they are) in that he opens the space and releases them at the right time.

It's interesting when I think about it, to know whether his natural want to put a team-mate into a forward position, is a plus or negative to the team as it currently plays.

We know Guardiola likes the final third of the team to play their own game and be creative, but that section also likes to slow up the play and recycle. Only de Bruyne seems to WANT to drive the team forward and, so, we have the problem of being not as effective without him.

This kid might, finally, change that in time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.