It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Probably one of the most disappointing transfer chats in a long while in terms of rumours and also TH leaving..Gvardiol sure looks a great prospect especially if Laporte goes.. but we do seem well stacked up in defence and whilst LB/RB surely need investment, am sure Pep has plans/new tactics.. Kovacic, fine, hardly earth shattering.
Actually can not help but think this window will define us for a while..Pep's players can take a season to bed in so if he stays for 2 more years, then maybe they will perforrm well in his last season (obviously hope Pep stays longer !!).Have no idea if the PL shite is putting players off too. Excited, but after the treble I guess thought the money earned we would be going out big time to maintain the success and have more rumours circulating..Early doors I guess.

I very much doubt the PL nonsense will put players off - I suspect Txiki’s phone is on fire with agents calling him. I think one of the major issues for this window is accounting for the impact of the last 3 months of this season - players are not going to recover physicallu or mentally in three weeks (they will be exhausted) so we need to refresh things and cover a lengthy lay off for KGB. Kovatic makes perfect sense, knows the league and won’t be around long enough to block the pathway for youth players. I suspect next season we will needto make sure we are still in the mix until the New Year and then see if we can go on the rampage again…. But we shouldn’t underestimate what the last few months took out of all of us... game after game was must win with little margin for error.

To be honest, it amazed me our players got through last season, with a World Cup in the middle. I don't think KDB has had a proper holiday for about 3 years.

It's going to take some managing, next season, with lots of lads going and new faces coming in. Pep has worked miracles in 2022/23, but the players are only flesh and blood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.