It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I very much doubt the PL nonsense will put players off - I suspect Txiki’s phone is on fire with agents calling him. I think one of the major issues for this window is accounting for the impact of the last 3 months of this season - players are not going to recover physicallu or mentally in three weeks (they will be exhausted) so we need to refresh things and cover a lengthy lay off for KGB. Kovatic makes perfect sense, knows the league and won’t be around long enough to block the pathway for youth players. I suspect next season we will needto make sure we are still in the mix until the New Year and then see if we can go on the rampage again…. But we shouldn’t underestimate what the last few months took out of all of us... game after game was must win with little margin for error.
The Norway Manager withdrew Haaland after 60 minutes yesterday saying he could see he was physically drained & had nothing left.

Players are going to collapse the way they're being mercilessly rinsed & now FIFA are planning a World Club Cup tournament to rival the Champions League!

With the Nations' League, Euro's & World Cup, where & when do football authorities expect to squash in yet ANOTHER pointless competition?

The time's come for the top players to start thinking of their health & futures & make themselves unavailable for all but the most crucial International matches.

I've never got the lure of international football for Champions League players, outside of tournaments. If I owned a football club, I'd be fuckin pissed with the FA, UEFA & FIFA using my assets to feather their nests...

The Norway Manager withdrew Haaland after 60 minutes yesterday saying he could see he was physically drained & had nothing left.

Players are going to collapse the way they're being mercilessly rinsed & now FIFA are planning a World Club Cup tournament to rival the Champions League!

With the Nations' League, Euro's & World Cup, where & when do football authorities expect to squash in yet ANOTHER pointless competition?

The time's come for the top players to start thinking of their health & futures & make themselves unavailable for all but the most crucial International matches.

I've never got the lure of international football for Champions League players, outside of tournaments. If I owned a football club, I'd be fuckin pissed with the FA, UEFA & FIFA using my assets to feather their nests...
Greedy cunts. fifa.

Years ago (just before they introduced the 'Full Members Cup') there was a lot of talk that there was too much football.

At the time I did not agree. Now I think there genuinely is. At a minimum, some players are going to have their careers curtailed. Yes, the modern training and recovery regimes are light years ahead of the bucket and sponge days, and even surgery is much more advanced in its techniques. But I still think they are asking too much of these guys.

KDB is a case in point. He has been carrying an injury for months. In the CL Final, it finally gave up and became a whole level more serious. We'll be lucky to see him back at full fitness before October. All because way too much has been asked of him.

Ryan Cherki would not cost crazy and is a profile Pep can nurture. Lyon need to raise €60m before the end of this month. They have made 5 players available

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.