It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

There have been a few articles about just how much money we've got to spend.

Is this simply because people know how much prize money etc. we've earned, or are the club briefing journalists so that it doesn't come as a surprise, heads off any "where have they got it all from"?

City won't divulge their kitty to anyone, certainly not the media.

Educated guess, based on the £100m surplus we had last summer.

The additional prize money...

*Prices being quoted for outgoings...

Bernie £75m
Walker £30m
Laporte £50m
Porro sell on £10m
Lavia sell on £10m
Cancelo £60m
Phillips £45m
Delap
Doyle
Breckin
Other kids -£30m

Don’t care who it is as long ad it’s players Pep and Txiki want. Where they were born ,couldn’t care less.
I think it's more a case of if Barella is being touted for roughly £50mil going for Rice at over £100mil is a really bizarre move.

Think we could be spending over £300m here...
I’ve no clue who we’re spending the bulk of that on. Kovacic £35m ish, Gvardiol I’ve seen anywhere between £70m and about £90m, so let’s just say £80m as a rough guess. So we still have at least £185m to find, but you say potentially “over” £300m, so we might as well just call it another £200m we’re dropping. But on who??

I think it's more a case of if Barella is being touted for roughly £50mil going for Rice at over £100mil is a really bizarre move.
Not if Pep thinks Rice is better for the team it isn’t. I want the best players for the team if they are affordable then get them.
If Pep wanted Barella, then he’s the player we’d go for.

City won't divulge their kitty to anyone, certainly not the media.

Educated guess, based on the £100m surplus we had last summer.

The additional prize money...

*Prices being quoted for outgoings...

Bernie £75m
Walker £30m
Laporte £50m
Porro sell on £10m
Lavia sell on £10m
Cancelo £60m
Phillips £45m
Delap
Doyle
Breckin
Other kids -£30m
Tbh this £300m prize money thing is being hugely overblown imo. £160m of it is for winning the league, but even bottom of the league get £100m, so for us it’s a guaranteed £150+m every single season for the foreseeable. We get that every year, it’s not additional money. Then the FA Cup is less than £5m, so insignificant. Then how much more money do we get for winning the CL versus getting to the semi final? Not that much more really. The prize money made headlines but we probably make £250m of that £300m with our eyes shut anyway?

Based on the number of outgoings, I'd say that is the minimum spend we will have.
So to play devils advocate
Cancelo-£40mill
Laporte-£50mill
Bernardo- £70mill
Walker- £30mill
Mahrez-£30mill
Doyle - £10mill
Gomes -£10mill
Plus some more Ed’s etc

We’re gunna bring in somewhere around £250mill to £300mill and clear a shit load of the wage bill.
Kovacic- £35mill
Gvardiol- £80mill
Rice - £105 mill
Sane -£40mill
That would put us somewhere around square

I’m guessing there are a couple of surprises not talked about yet @tolmie's hairdoo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.