It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

At least as a 44 year old player he’d have no real purpose or responsibility. He could just sit in the stands doing nothing. I’d actually prefer that to him being responsible for aspects of our play and offering advice to Pep.
Honestly this forum baffles me.
One of the greatest managers of all times is now being questioned over someone he is bringing in as a coach.

Pep probably has the best coaching tree in world football at the minute. I think he knows what hes doing

Lampard in the mix...

I had thought about him as assistant. I wrote Iniesta in the thread yesterday, largely tongue-in-cheek as I know he wants to continue playing but a former player is always logical.

In terms of the role, it's about seeing where weaknesses are. Analysing those opportunities to attack. As a player, Lampard was one of the best at that. So you'd imagine he could do it as an assistant, helping Pep find those areas to exploit. His managerial career has been poor, but that's often been the case with Pep's assistants so I don't think we need to worry about that too much.

Please tell me you don’t mean as Pep’s assistant? He can offer us absolutely nothing, he’s dreadful.
He's one of the best midfielders of the 2000's, has great talent ID and helped transition loads of Chelsea's youth talent through. He may not be on Pep's level with regard to tactics but would be brilliant in the dressing room. Who knows how Arteta would have faired had he become a manager immediately after retiring.

I wouldn't be opposed to lampard as an assistant. You still have the other coaches around like Rodolfo but lampard will surely have something else to offer. He has shown he's decent at working with youth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.