It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Probably not ground breaking news, but have been told that Gundogan is unlikely to be offered a new deal and Laporte will be sold in the summer.

Potentially we’ll lose Bernardo as well. We’ll need two very good midfielders to replace players of that quality.

I wonder what the rationale for losing Laporte is? Unhappy behind the scenes? Maybe we’re just happy with Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji.

Sad to see Laporte leaving.

I still think he’s our best defender when he’s at his peak.

He drops far too many howlers in big games. He's slow, and to be honest I've never gotten over going to the press to tell everyone how he might leave after Dias-Stones was the preferred partnership for 6 weeks.

If people weren't so focused on attributing all the blame on the usual 1 or 2 players, they'd look back at the Spurs CL tie and Lyon game and realise Laporte cost us at least 4 goals between the 2 games and 2 Champions League finals.

Only time we got to a CL final was when Pep dropped him.

Aké is much more of a defender, he's faster, and he's growing into a leader too. A good LB, Aké, Dias and Walker? That's a back 4.

Last edited:
Probably not ground breaking news, but have been told that Gundogan is unlikely to be offered a new deal and Laporte will be sold in the summer.
Who be coming in to replace them
Bellingham and gvardiol?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.