It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The issue with lavia is he wouldn't have been able to develop the way he has if he had stayed as he would have been back up and limited minutes sometimes for the benefit of the player it's needed that he moved on. I don't personally think kalvin was a waste I do think he's been an underwelming signing however there are mitigating circumstances there with the timing of the injury and then the world cup. He's essentially back in August in a time when we can't afford to be switching it up too much. It hasn't helped him neither that we haven't been winning games comfortably so he can get mins.
The thing with Lavia is since the moment he stepped foot on the pitch for southampton it was clear he had the quality already to play regardless of development, now you have numerous clubs chasing him (according to reports) and chelsea who tried to sign him when he'd been there for 1/2 months. I guess if we'd signed the Euros form Phillips it wouldnt have been an issue but a lot has happened since then, I guess hindsight can be a horrible thing.

Although I understand the difficulty in doing so as we aim to win the PL every season and our XI is hard to break in to, we really need to expose and test these youngsters with great potential (which lavia had at city, there's clips of KDB saying he's going to be great and he passed the eye test) more in first XI games so we know where they're at. We truly are the worst in the prem for giving youngsters minutes but obviously you can hardly complain when the system is working and we're winning trophies. I'd just hate to see us in chelsea's position of having players like KDB/Salah (who they actually gave chances to, in fairness) who are shining at other premier league clubs.

Strange how it's gone with Phillips. Going from Leeds to us then to West Ham in the space of 2 years would indicate a bit of a fall - you'd think once he'd come here he'd either kick on or at least leave and go to another team challenging for top 4.

Maybe just one we couldn't resist or, dare I say, we gave him his word before the end of the season thinking it'd be cut-price due to relegation then they survive by the skin of their teeth.

Not sure we'd do business that way but we do like to be liked...

Strange how it's gone with Phillips. Going from Leeds to us then to West Ham in the space of 2 years would indicate a bit of a fall - you'd think once he'd come here he'd either kick on or at least leave and go to another team challenging for top 4.

Maybe just one we couldn't resist or, dare I say, we gave him his word before the end of the season thinking it'd be cut-price due to relegation then they survive by the skin of their teeth.

Not sure we'd do business that way but we do like to be liked...
You had me checking online in case I'd lost a year, but it's in the space of 1 year if he went this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.