It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yeah, there seems to be at least a couple of clubs interested as well. He has been a brilliant servant for us, but I think it's about time we move him on, we don't rely on him as much anymore, and we are in for a bit of a rebuild this summer. Hickey looks like a likely replacement.

It’s only this season where we haven’t relied on him as much. Pep will probably change the formation again.

I think it would be daft to get rid of walker who is still world class in my opinion

I honestly think the Messi to Barça rumours are a deflection. All the signs are Messi will leave PSG this summer, & for romantic reasons Barça are expected to bring him home, but why would they?

They went all out to not extend his contract hence his move to Paris, & they need to fix their club's finances & secure its future.

Messi's their past, plus with the circus that will arrive with him, I fail to see what Barça will gain, or how they'll afford the reputed £40m per season basic he's demanding. \0/

You're probably right I reckon that it could be but if Messi really wants to stay in Europe he'll want a team to accommodate him, he still has the hunger in him to want to challenge for honours at the highest level if he can get that team to play to his strengths, Barca will fit a team around him even if it hurts them just for the extra commercial appeal of having an ageing Messi, they need money and they'll still see him as a money making machine.

I know his demands are meant to be very high but I think for the right project he'd defo take a sizeable pay cut, one thing for sure is their board will probably try and guilt trip him into accepting a lower offer as if he owes them owt, they'll offer him a deal even if it's one they know he won't accept then try and justify themselves as the good guys, if he rejects or accepts a better financial package elsewhere or even for footballing reasons then the board will say they tried. I think even if it's an half arsed attempt they'll be in for him in the summer, but they also know they need to make money this before they're allowed to offer anything.

You're probably right I reckon that it could be but if Messi really wants to stay in Europe he'll want a team to accommodate him, he still has the hunger in him to want to challenge for honours at the highest level if he can get that team to play to his strengths, Barca will fit a team around him even if it hurts them just for the extra commercial appeal of having an ageing Messi, they need money and they'll still see him as a money making machine.

I know his demands are meant to be very high but I think for the right project he'd defo take a sizeable pay cut, one thing for sure is their board will probably try and guilt trip him into accepting a lower offer as if he owes them owt, they'll offer him a deal even if it's one they know he won't accept then try and justify themselves as the good guys, if he rejects or accepts a better financial package elsewhere or even for footballing reasons then the board will say they tried. I think even if it's an half arsed attempt they'll be in for him in the summer, but they also know they need to make money this before they're allowed to offer anything.
Where Messi's concerned, Barça have been there & got the t-shirt. They had Messi at the peak of his powers & it all but bankrupted them.

Barça played the "We did everything to keep him" card when he left for PSG, this time I can't see it working again. They're gonna have to shit or get off the Messi pot.

What Barça will do, & what the sensible move is, are two different things. La Liga have already made them de-register Gavi, so what's the betting they're hoping La Liga do them a favour by telling them "No more economic levers!" even for Messi! Looool :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.