It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yeah I get that.

I think our plans pretty much depend on what Gundo and Bernado are doing. Walker could easily play on the right hand side rotating with Akanji but that would mean Stones minutes coming mainly from the midfield pivot position.

I think it will all start falling into place when we know and that’s why we are sort of in the running for Rice because again aren’t 100% sure where we are yet.

City aren't 100% sure where we are yet? The club will know exactly who we are buying this window, and next years summer window (unless someone comes from nowhere and moves up their list), and will have a shortlist of up and coming targets for summer 2025.

Our transfer dealings are not last minute impulse buys.

If we have shown a last minute interest in Rice if he wasn't in our plans originally, it won't be because we want him, it will be to push up the price and diminish our rivals ability to spend elsewhere. Think back to Maguire, Fred etc...

As for Gundo, the club will know exactly what is going on. The same with Bernardo. Just because we don't know, it doesn't mean the club don't. They will have agreed new deals or that they will leave, and asked both to keep quiet if they are leaving.

Arsenal playing a clever game here. They know we won't move unless we have clarity over Bernardo and Gundugan. They are trying to push through Rice before we are willing to show our hand. Media reporting Bernardo to PSG as talks ongoing.
I doubt City would miss potential targets we may want because we are sitting around waiting for a decision from Gundogan or Bernardo. We will want an answer in the coming days and will tell any potential targets to just wait a week before making any decision. If the club wanted Rice we would certainly not miss out because we are waiting for a response from Gundo/Bernardo. We are not run by idiots.

Arsenal playing a clever game here. They know we won't move unless we have clarity over Bernardo and Gundugan. They are trying to push through Rice before we are willing to show our hand. Media reporting Bernardo to PSG as talks ongoing.

Feels the opposite to me. If we wanted Rice, he'd already be playing for City. The huge transfers for City take months to develop and this last minute interest feels artificial from West Ham.

its frustrating at times that we dont do our in business until the outs are sorted?
One of the reasons we do so well with the squad is that we don't have as many hangers on in the squad - and that's because you don't buy in the hope that you can offload other players.

We might think United or Chelsea's players are crap, but they'd be in a much better position if each new manager was told to deal with the squad he had, and make a team out of those players. Instead they buy a few new ones, giving too much power to those they want to leave, and then have players that cost tons of money but are peripheral for years, or have to send senior players out on loan regularly.

This season with Phillips and Cancelo is the first time under Pep we've had any similar issues, and neither was because we had too many players.

One of the reasons we do so well with the squad is that we don't have as many hangers on in the squad - and that's because you don't buy in the hope that you can offload other players.

We might think United or Chelsea's players are crap, but they'd be in a much better position if each new manager was told to deal with the squad he had, and make a team out of those players. Instead they buy a few new ones, giving too much power to those they want to leave, and then have players that cost tons of money but are peripheral for years, or have to send senior players out on loan regularly.

This season with Phillips and Cancelo is the first time under Pep we've had any similar issues, and neither was because we had too many players.

Poch is gonna have fun mate isnt he? Nkunku and Gusto on the way in as well this summer and maybe he might not have fancied them but no choice now?

If Rice is coming in for Phillips then that's an upgrade. If its for any other players it's a downgrade.
We will have to over pay due yo the English tax on him..
He has a good engine on him but technically he falls well short on Bernado Gundo etc. However certainly better than Phillips.

If we keep Phillips and get Rice it will seem we would be a bit bloated with options for the DM if you also consider Stones in there.

Strange he would want to come here as a back up...thst could tilt the scales in favour of arsenal.
Agreed, technically he's good but not on Bernie or Gundo's level, what I like about him though is his character and mentality he's a real leader and would definitely improve us.

if he's coming and replacing Phillips thats a good deal, as a number 8 i dont think he has that intricate quality that our system requires, although he could definitely learn it playing under per for a few seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.