It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Walker to Bayern talk gaining traction, and quickly. Shame really, think he still has time left in him but think this just further confirms Pep's plan to stick to what served us so well (4 CBs across the back line).

Good luck to him - a new challenge and one he deserves. Personally think he's one of Pep's best signings, if not top 3.

It's a massive rebuild this Summer but luckily the players we do have are so versatile in that they can cover a number of positions brilliantly. Stones and Akanji can play right-back (and did over Walker) for example.

IMO both yes and no . . Though 99% yes.
I agree with everything you say except the suggestion that Stones & Akanji can do what Walker can do.

Yes, Pep has played both Stones and Akanji at RB but never to do the job that Walker did. They’re both better than Walker at stepping into midfield in possession phases, and they’ve been played at RB - not ‘over Walker’ as such but when that has been tactically appropriate to employ their particular talents. Fact is that neither of them can ever do what Walker does because they’ll never have his speed. When a fast as fuck RB has been required Pep has never looked beyond Walker.
My concern in this is that Walkers blistering pace has regularly nullified the threat posed by very fast left wingers, wingers fast enough to leave Stones and Akanji in their dust trail.
If Walker does go then, while Stones et al can fill his spot by playing as excellent RB’s with ability to transition into midfield roles with panache, I hope we get a blisteringly fast replacement in asap because IMO there’ll be times that we need one.

Kind of expected a few to leave especially those who have had limited minute and have won everything.

Kind of looking forward to it, last time we potentially had as big as window as this it was 2017 summer. I think its been hinted at a refresh for a while as to stop going stale.

happy for Bobb...hope one of Mebude/Borges gets also a chance

Bernardo should be more professional when talking about his future in public...in my view it is disrespectful to city regardless of his accomplishments..he still has a contract till 25
Have it on very good authority that Mebude is leaving in the summer

I think the walker one makes the Gvardiol transfer make even more sense now- this system is here to stay. Full backs may be bought to offer diversity but the priority is to have top class defenders who can function in this current system. I’m all for it. I also think it makes sense to get rice or de Jong as both have played centre half and so could do a dm to cb switch

with how things are going are we sure that tomorrow wont be report that kevin is also going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.