It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think we're absolutely swimming in cash at present, shitloads of prize money last season, negative net spend for the last five seasons etc. Obviously we've a big court case coming at some point and the North Stand redevelopment so maybe that's restricting our spending somewhat
I wonder if much of the financing for the redevelopment will come from outside funds. I assume most or all it won't count for FFP, so it doesn't have to come from day to day spending.

We've got some money, but all the talk of £300m prize money ignores the fact that our last accounts had £294m in broadcast money already.

I've said before that I think the £5-10m haggling can't be seen in isolation. We've got a reputation as a moneyed club, and for the first few years after the takeover, were financially a little reckless, with big squads, and players we couldn't sell going on loan. Now, we're surely known as keen negotiators, and Txixi obviously believes that means in EVERY deal.

The last thing he wants is for £5-10m on a transfer to be seen as weakness, and then become £5m on every transfer, and £5m on every wage negotiation. So, I suspect in his eyes, it's not £5-10m, but a potential £100m a couple of years down the line.

The amount of players vinny’s signing for burnley I doubt they’ve any room left for Gomez!!
I think they wanted to sign Maatsen from Chelsea after having him on loan last season, but it seems like Poch wants to keep him.

So if they're in the market for a left wing-back, Gomez would be a good shout. He was brilliant there for Vinny at Anderlecht, which is why we signed him in the first place.

I know there were links earlier in the summer.

I wonder if much of the financing for the redevelopment will come from outside funds. I assume most or all it won't count for FFP, so it doesn't have to come from day to day spending.

We've got some money, but all the talk of £300m prize money ignores the fact that our last accounts had £294m in broadcast money already.

I've said before that I think the £5-10m haggling can't be seen in isolation. We've got a reputation as a moneyed club, and for the first few years after the takeover, were financially a little reckless, with big squads, and players we couldn't sell going on loan. Now, we're surely known as keen negotiators, and Txixi obviously believes that means in EVERY deal.

The last thing he wants is for £5-10m on a transfer to be seen as weakness, and then become £5m on every transfer, and £5m on every wage negotiation. So, I suspect in his eyes, it's not £5-10m, but a potential £100m a couple of years down the line.
Don't forget how much the gas and 'leccy have gone up this last few months...

if you read the news surrounding gvardiol its all payment structure related not fee related. It will get done according to most journos.
Got all sorts of scenarios In my head, It could be one of these or none at all, RB want €100M + add ons paid equally over say 5 years, or €90M + add ons over 5 years but want 30% of that upfront, or the fee over a shorter period like 3 years.

Last edited:

Agree mate, but if we're going to haggle over these fees, then we could end up signing nobody just to look like we're doing the right thing

Got all sorts of scenarios In my head, It could be one of these or none at all, RG want €100M + add ons paid equally over say 5 years, or €90M + add ons over 5 years but want 30% of that upfront, or the fee over a shorter period like 3 years.
I think it's to do with the add ons and how easy they are to achieve. My personal opinion it gets done and he's here before community shield

So… is anyone sitting on their bags or are we just in limbo? Gotta get that Mahrez replacement in.

Pedri is €1bn isn’t he?

I thought so too, be just like Barca to have some temporary bs when they was trying to tie everyone down.

Tweet for reference.

Translated -
-Luis Enrique asked his leaders to recruit Pedri, it's the priority in the middle!
- Pedri does not close the door, he likes the idea of finding his former coach with Spain
- The player would have a temporary clause of 110M€, Antero Henrique has been appointed by Doha to lead the negotiations
-Still looking for cash, FC Barcelona is listening...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.