It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Is it? make a list of players we pulled out of or didn't go for that went for big money, then make a list of the alternatives we went for in the £50/60 mill range and see which list looks better and has won more.
Go on then, let's hear your argument
Not sure how your short-term memory is, but does Jude Bellingham & Declan Rice ring a bell? Or do you prefer Nunes & Kovacic? This is a silly argument anyway, I'm just providing an example. Just because we've signed plenty of lads for good fees and they've worked out does not mean they're better than players who cost more? I'm sure we would have paid more for them if necessary. Many have buy-out clauses, or want only city, etc.

All things being equal, obviously an asset that costs more is the likelier to succeed. You cannot base this take off of teams like United and Chelsea who have lost the plot. They have piss poor talent evaluators, and get taken advantage of financially for being a less attractive destination than us.

I'd love to know how we have a deal in place for olmo, but only if our first choice doesn't come off. Have we told him you are literally our sloppy seconds are you OK with that?
yeah that seems a bit weird to me but maybe it’s normal for transfers? or the allaged deadline for paqueta until the end of may is in place so city can get olmo or let him move on?

olmo’s agent was involved in gvardiol’s transfers negotiations somehow, allegedly on leipzig’s side of stuff. he was there when joško arrived to manchester, i saw him in the video city made.

city allegedly tried to buy him last summer but leipzig refused and there was no release clause then.

olmo’s background is unusual, he was la
masia captain and then went to dinamo zagreb academy. he is smart and a super nice guy, we consider him one of our own even though he’s spanish :D

if you look at the changes that we really need, not fantasy football, for me its replace Gomez, Philips and Nunes and possibly Bernardo if Barca have actually got some money. So then we'd have a 23 man squad. Ortega may decide to move on, which would be a big loss. So that would be 4 out and 4 in the current squad. If we include Walker then 5 out 5 in. We have got to find someone who can be trusted to rotate Rodri, ie the replacement for Philips is the top priority. Nunes's stats are woeful, 29% of PL game time with 3% goal involvement for an AM, that was just 2 assists in the PL.

1714468625723.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.