It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We just need the same people that have built out squad for the last 10 years to carry on building our squad using the same methods and targeting players with the profile we need this summer and any coming summers. No need to start copying or worrying about other clubs. Anyone not trusting our set up now after the last few years,never will.
I think you're right, we should trust in the same people and methods, except if we are to "knock RM off their perch" I'd like to see the dial turned up a notch. Not go for the "superstars" such as Mbappe and Bellingham types but the ones who may be in that class within the next 2-3 years to join Foden, Rodri and hopefully Alvarez, Doku, Rico, Bobb, etc. who aren't there yet.

The amount of people underrating Eze here is quite surprising. He's a superstar footballer and I expect you will all be saying what a great signing he was a year from now.

He moves in a way that very few can, and when you consider he's quite a big body (in how he uses his stature), its even more impressive. I mean, have any of you even watched him? His talent is front and center every Palace match. His balance and ability to carry the ball and glide past defenders in transition is world class. Grealish is probably not getting any better and Eze is the perfect player to take his role. They have the same graceful flow when ball carrying. I expect he'll play in a left winger role for us.

The posters on here saying that players like this stagnate us, and top teams like Bayern don't make signings like this are far off the mark.

And with comparables such as these:
1718028997227.png
It should be no wonder that we're all over him for the rumored buy out fee. Having these comparables while playing for Palace is incredible. English too - bargain.

1718029819057.png

Last edited:
The amount of people underrating Eze here is quite surprising. He's a superstar footballer and I expect you will all be saying what a great signing he was a year from now.

He moves in a way that very few can, and when you consider he's quite a big body (in how he uses his stature), its even more impressive. I mean, have any of you even watched him? His talent is front and center every Palace match. His balance and ability to carry the ball and glide past defenders in transition is world class. Grealish is probably not getting any better and Eze is the perfect player to take his role. They have the same graceful flow when ball carrying. I expect he'll play in a left winger role for us.

The posters on here saying that players like this stagnate us, and top teams like Bayern don't make signings like this are far off the mark.

View attachment 121919
It should be no wonder that we're all over him for the rumored buy out fee. Having these comparables while playing for Palace is incredible. English too - bargain.

View attachment 121920

Why would he be wearing last season's kit?

View attachment 121919

View attachment 121920

Grealish is about 600 times the player of Eze and the most comparable player in the squad is Doku who is already younger and better than him.

In what way?

Grealish is the almost perfect control player in the City system. With Foden et al in the middle, much of our ball retention, tempo control and game management is done by Grealish and Silva on the wings. Eze is your typical English wideman/playmaker who dives towards the goal or an attacking movement at almost every opportunity. He's essentially Foden 3-4 years ago or Doku now which is fine unless you're 26 and coming off the best season in your career.

There's a reason Doku doesn't generally start games when Grealish is in form and comes off the bench, and it's the same reason why Eze wouldn't get a look in either. In bigger games we can't use him, and in smaller games we don't need him. He doesn't have the brain and we already have two young lads with similar skillsets that we're trying to improve that aspect of in the same position. Any more would feel like a job lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.