It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Quiet… Quiet? silent more like. Probably more work on outgoings than signings but I am sure things are happening in the background. For all we know things may already be sorted. Ah well we will know soon.. and everyone looks happy in the pics!

Purple Panel

@PurplePanel
Follow

1f6a8.svg
Manchester City have identified several potential replacements in each position, preparing to address any sudden departures from the squad

Looks like we are signing no one then
The bright side for me is that it looks like Guardiola is extending
Summer 2025 will be a more transitional phase for the squad and I think the club are taking a more long term view of it. City saving up for a new Pep era :)
Poor old Rodri this season though mind
@richards30 when you organising this protest?

Looks like we are signing no one then
The bright side for me is that it looks like Guardiola is extending
Summer 2025 will be a more transitional phase for the squad and I think the club are taking a more long term view of it. City saving up for a new Pep era :)
Poor old Rodri this season though mind
@richards30 when you organising this protest?
I think @richards30 would believe they're well within their rights to organise a protest if we aren't going to sign a backup CDM (which is highly unlikely so they don't need to panic anyway.)

«If someone leaves at the end, maybe. But if no one leaves, I think we'll stay as we are...»

Wonder if Cancelo and Phillips is considered as these «someone» or if they’re already out of the equation? There’s no doubt we need a backup for Rodri, and imo we need another RB as Kyle is regressing and Rico is more of a midfielder. We’ll probably be able to flog them off on loan somewhere, but if we weren’t, there wouldn’t be space in the squad for new signings

It would be a disappointing transfer window, especially when there is such a clear necessity of a 6/8 that can play with Rodri and give him rest. Also, KDB should be worse than last season, Bernardo had his worst season and it's getting older, Nunez doesn't seem to be at our level. Rodri and Foden are the only midfielder that I expect to play at last season level or even better. I feel this is a glaring omission.

And I think our defense needs an agile CB/RB that can compete with Walker and be part of the rotation in case Stones has another injured season + Ake can also be injury prone + Walker declining + Dias not having his best season. Only with Akanji and Gvardiol (and Ake if he is healthy), I have zero doubts that they will be close or even better to the level they had last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.