It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

I'm not sure we're ready to pay more than 59.99m. Can't see us wanting to make Maguire our most expensive signing.
Did you watch Otamendi last night???

Stones the other night??

Maguire fits the bill, strong, big unit & can lead from the back.

If De Ligt isn't coming then Maguire has to happen.

Old ones are the best!

We used to even charge a fee to 'protect' the hot dog vans which started parking on the streets directly opposite Maine Road in the mid 80s.

We used to get a free Westlers hot dog or hamburger with those watery onions.

We thought we were dining like kings. It's only looking back now I see life was so uncomplicated then.

I used to like those watery onions back then, & the rock hard, molten lava, meat pies inside the ground.

Yep, the posh bit, then. Acomb Street and all around there was very civilised.

Santiago Street, FFS?

About as close to Maine Road as Royal Eye hospital!!

I bet you had three square meals a day too, and mam never asked for tick?

£1 a car? Most cars in the proper Moss Side didn't even cost a quid ;)
He he he. If u put it like that you got me. Doiles were all the rage on are street so you got a point.

As for tick it was like growing up in that sitcom called Bread, if any of you remember.

Oh and yeh a quid was standard. The only trouble I had is when the currency changed from notes to pounds.
It was a bugger trying to hide the cash from my mam and dad.
Trying to keep them from knowing what I was up to, as pound notes are not as uncomfortable or don't jingle like coins do when gathered in your undies near your gonads.

Nice one.

He he he. If u put it like that you got me. Doiles were all the rage on are street so you got a point.

As for tick it was like growing up in that sitcom called Bread, if any of you remember.

Oh and yeh a quid was standard. The only trouble I had is when the currency changed from notes to pounds.
It was a bugger trying to hide the cash from my mam and dad.
Trying to keep them from knowing what I was up to, as pound notes are not as uncomfortable or don't jingle like coins do when gathered in your undies near your gonads.

Nice one.

I was more a Tizer man, myself.

Tina O'Brien grew up on Acomb Street and went to my school at Trinity.

She's a good few years younger than me though.

Nice girl.

My Dad used say "oh we're just visiting friends" and the other one, which I later borrowed, was "Yes, you can mind the car but you need to be here when I get back to get paid". If they were there after the game, they did get paid.

My dad used to give a bonus to any kid who actually turned up after the game.

Reactions: OB1
My Dad used say "oh we're just visiting friends" and the other one, which I later borrowed, was "Yes, you can mind the car but you need to be here when I get back to get paid". If they were there after the game, they did get paid.

Yep, that was the rule. Fact was, we were all in the ground when they opened the gates at three quarter time or my dad decided to take and push all four of us through the same turnstile.

Never ceases to amaze me even now, how people part for money around the Etihad for parking just because someone has a high vis vest and demands £5 for parking on the Queen's Highway.

I tell them thanks but no thanks and I park anyway.

You can't kid a kidder. They have all packed up and gone well before half time.

Old ones are the best!

We used to even charge a fee to 'protect' the hot dog vans which started parking on the streets directly opposite Maine Road in the mid 80s.

We used to get a free Westlers hot dog or hamburger with those watery onions.

We thought we were dining like kings. It's only looking back now I see life was so uncomplicated then.

I was doing it back in mid sixties and we only charged the equivalent of about 10p, then wait for the gates to open with about 20mins to go (fans leaving early isn't a new phenomenon). No Indian restaurants back then (imagine that) just a Spanish on Grandale street and a French at the top of Platt Lane.

Yep, that was the rule. Fact was, we were all in the ground when they opened the gates at three quarter time or my dad decided to take and push all four of us through the same turnstile.

Never ceases to amaze me even now, how people part for money around the Etihad for parking just because someone has a high vis vest and demands £5 for parking on the Queen's Highway.

I tell them thanks but no thanks and I park anyway.

You can't kid a kidder. They have all packed up and gone well before half time.

With inflation it'd be £50 to get parked by the Curry Mile Gang nowardays.

I'm surprised you didn't move in on that operation. You could have bought Swales out after a few years at those prices.

I was doing it back in mid sixties and we only charged the equivalent of about 10p, then wait for the gates to open with about 20mins to go (fans leaving early isn't a new phenomenon). No Indian restaurants back then (imagine that) just a Spanish on Grandale street and a French at the top of Platt Lane.

I remember that French place towards the end of it's life in the 80s, near the Finglands garage.

Dad used to tell me loads of players used to eat in there. There was an estate agent next door called AW Ash?

Anyhow, back on topic.

Things could get very Messi soon, otherwise!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.