It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Yep, that was the rule. Fact was, we were all in the ground when they opened the gates at three quarter time or my dad decided to take and push all four of us through the same turnstile.

Never ceases to amaze me even now, how people part for money around the Etihad for parking just because someone has a high vis vest and demands £5 for parking on the Queen's Highway.

I tell them thanks but no thanks and I park anyway.

You can't kid a kidder. They have all packed up and gone well before half time.

We pay to park on someone's drive. Our Kid knocked on a few doors a three summers back and did a deal. Worth it for the convenience. Before that we paid someone for a residents' pass but the Council clamped down on their issue.

Mam popped and my bro off to Ellen Wilkinson because my older brothers ruined Ducie for us.
The only city related historical claim to fame I can make is that Jim Whitley, Jeff's brother played in my College team at Loreto. What a player and great person too.
Once shared a 1 hour with Bobby Charlton, but I'm not prepared to say anything else without a lawyer.
He was great.

And just to mess with your head my oldest son started Trinity last Sept and my youngest will be going there next year. Opposite dentist hospital. Great school.
Aplogies to everyone I know I've digressed.

Old ones are the best!

We used to even charge a fee to 'protect' the hot dog vans which started parking on the streets directly opposite Maine Road in the mid 80s.

We used to get a free Westlers hot dog or hamburger with those watery onions.

We thought we were dining like kings. It's only looking back now I see life was so uncomplicated then.

You take me back to the good old days TH, I only lived there for around two years but it was great going round on the Saturday asking “can I mind your car please Sir” You would always get some tight arse say “I will give you something when I get back” So after the game you would have to try and remember where that car was. I can’t even remember how much money you got but at that age it was all the money in the world.

We moved away because we went on holiday to Rhyl and when we got back the house was burgled, And when I say the house they might as well of took the house because they took every single thing in,it even the lightbulbs. You’ve got a love moss side that don’t do things by half’s Lol

Last edited:
You take me back to the good old days TH, I only lived there for around two years but it was great going round on the Saturday asking “can I mind your car please Sir” You would always get some tight arse say “I will give you something when I get back” So after the game you would have to try and remember where that car was. I can’t even remember how much money you got but at that age it was all the money in the world.

We moved away because we went on holiday to Rhyl and when we got back the house was burgled, And when I say the house they might as well of took the house because they took every single thing in,it even the lightbulbs. You’ve got a love moss side that don’t do things by half’s Lol
Brilliant

I remember that French place towards the end of it's life in the 80s, near the Finglands garage.

Dad used to tell me loads of players used to eat in there. There was an estate agent next door called AW Ash?

Anyhow, back on topic.

Things could get very Messi soon, otherwise!
8oiqdft.gif

Exsqueeze me??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.