It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Have you seen him play for Girona? I have not seen much of him in La Liga, but by all accounts he has done well for Girona last season and if he were to get a Visa I am sure Pep would include him in the squad.

Should class as U21 for one more season if he does get a permit so at least wouldn't take a up a squad place

Should class as U21 for one more season if he does get a permit so at least wouldn't take a up a squad place

Thats not how it works. If he was able to play here last season by virtue of being U21 why would Pep have been whining in the press about him not getting a work permit?

If its the same as chumps league the u21 rule only counts if you've been at the club for at least two seasons.

Thats not how it works. If he was able to play here last season by virtue of being U21 why would Pep have been whining in the press about him not getting a work permit?

If its the same as chumps league the u21 rule only counts if you've been at the club for at least two seasons.

It's not the same as the CL, in the Premier League "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences."

There's no minimum amount of time at the club.

It's not the same as the CL, in the Premier League "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences."

There's no minimum amount of time at the club.

Fair enough. Remains irrelevant though as he will not be getting a work permit for a very long time.

Fair enough. Remains irrelevant though as he will not be getting a work permit for a very long time.

I agree. But seems the club are willing to try, so they must think he can add something to the current team over the next season. Note they are not trying the 'caps for brazil' route, but the 'exceptional talent' category, and with him winning the player of the tournament award, and having featured more for Girona, i can see the logic in it. Will it be enough? not in my opinion, but lets wait and see.

I see Philippe Sandler is being linked with a season long loan to Anderlecht. He was probably unlikely to get a squad foreign place anyway, so a good move for him. That brings us down to full quota, assuming mangala won't feature, till someone either leaves or comes in?

Done well for a team that got relegated from Spain ≠ playing in the greatest team in premier league history though does it?

Pep wanted to include him last summer because we literally had no one else as back up to Dinho, so why not try him out in a few cup games? Nothing to lose. Not because he thinks he'll immediately start ripping up trees.
Tbf though, he was our better players during last pre-season I thought....

Done well for a team that got relegated from Spain ≠ playing in the greatest team in premier league history though does it?

Pep wanted to include him last summer because we literally had no one else as back up to Dinho, so why not try him out in a few cup games? Nothing to lose. Not because he thinks he'll immediately start ripping up trees.
Who said anything about ripping up trees, Pep has seen something in Luiz, however, whether he gets a Visa is another matter

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.