It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

I would say we now have perfect midfield and attacking options.

Fern/rodri
Foden/d Silva
Gundogan/kdb
Sterling/sane
Mahrez/Bernardo
Aguero/Jesus
Struggling to think of a club in world football that has better depth than that.

I would say we now have perfect midfield and attacking options.

Fern/rodri
Foden/d Silva
Gundogan/kdb
Sterling/sane
Mahrez/Bernardo
Aguero/Jesus

2 players for each position (allowing us to continue to challenge on all 4 fronts) just what pep has been craving, I think it’s a fair assumption Bernardo is seen as primarily a rw along with mahrez both of whom have similar traits. Obviously sometimes pep will mix it up tactically I.e sane and sterling both starting depending on opponent etc,

By start of 20/21 season we could be left with

Rodri/zinchenko
Foden/???
Kdb/????
Front three remain the same.

That is significantly weaker and we would heavily depend on various key players like Bernardo and kdb staying fit for most of the season.
Well we’ll be hoping Sane and Mahrez play more, so Bernardo can take over in midfield from silva, hopefully we will have a fit KDB, don’t know yet whether Zinchenko will be as good as Gundogan backing up Rodri. We don't know if Gundogan will go or Fernandinho for that matter.
The thing is you could be right and we need another in, but unless we can get one now and loan for a year because we thin we might be banned in the summer we won’t because we don’t have room for a spare player who would hardly get a game this season. If next summer we are banned I ‘m sure we’ll be fine just as last year we managed without De Bruyne.
Whatever we’ll be fine, the people in charge know what they're doing.

Well we’ll be hoping Sane and Mahrez play more, so Bernardo can take over in midfield from silva, hopefully we will have a fit KDB, don’t know yet whether Zinchenko will be as good as Gundogan backing up Rodri. We don't know if Gundogan will go or Fernandinho for that matter.
The thing is you could be right and we need another in, but unless we can get one now and loan for a year because we thin we might be banned in the summer we won’t because we don’t have room for a spare player who would hardly get a game this season. If next summer we are banned I ‘m sure we’ll be fine just as last year we managed without De Bruyne.
Whatever we’ll be fine, the people in charge know what they're doing.
Agree with the last Line, whatever pep and co decide will be the right move that’s for sure!

I’m not slating zinchenko but you’ve just said yourself he doesn’t start ahead of any other midfielders so when he goes from 8th choice midfielder to potentially 5th purely down to exits, the quality has dropped.
No doubting his value as a squad player.
Oh no I know you’re not mate and I completely understand your point of view. I just think you’re failing to acknowledge that players can also improve and grow into roles. Before last season there wasn’t a single poster (my apologises if there was someone) who would have suggested playing Zinchenko at LB, yet he was brilliant. As yet we don’t know exactly what he could do in midfield, as a left back we’ve seen glimpses of his incredible passing ability, we’ve seen glimpses of exceptional control and ball retention under pressure and we’ve seen him mature into a respected first team player.

I maybe doing you a disservice and I apologise if so, it just seems like you’ve not seen him play for Ukraine in midfield because those abilities we’ve seen at left back become more prevalent and some of his weaknesses (e.g. lack of acceleration and outright pace) are less exposed in midfield.

Oh no I know you’re not mate and I completely understand your point of view. I just think you’re failing to acknowledge that players can also improve and grow into roles. Before last season there wasn’t a single poster (my apologises if there was someone) who would have suggested playing Zinchenko at LB, yet he was brilliant. As yet we don’t know exactly what he could do in midfield, as a left back we’ve seen glimpses of his incredible passing ability, we’ve seen glimpses of exceptional control and ball retention under pressure and we’ve seen him mature into a respected first team player.

I maybe doing you a disservice and I apologise if so, it just seems like you’ve not seen him play for Ukraine in midfield because those abilities we’ve seen at left back become more prevalent and some of his weaknesses (e.g. lack of acceleration and outright pace) are less exposed in midfield.

I take your point, he’s definitely on an upward trajectory and I hope it continues. Some, (not you) seem to be talking about him in midfield with absolute certainty, I’m just a little less willing to accept he’s a genuine midfield option just yet until I’ve seen him there for City, and given Pep had opportunities to play him there last season but preferred Delph, I think that lends some credibility to my view.

I’ve seen bits but I’m not going to claim I’ve seen every minute of him for his national team, but I personally don’t take anything from that, much in the same way I don’t judge any of our other players for their national teams just because our style is so unique that nothing compares.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see if he gets an opportunity there and how well he performs if he does. Pre season could be his shot given we’re likely to have 4 left backs initially and a few of our midfielders not back straight away.

I know he’s dinho’s replacement positionally, the point was when silva and probably dinho leave next summer they’ll need replacing purely based on numbers. If gundogan decides to go too that’s three midfielders lost and potentially no way of replacing them if a ban comes in. We’ve got no chance of getting through a season with just Rodri Bernardo kdb and foden and whoever from the academy.
Garcia, Luiz, Smith? I reckon we'd be alright.

I'd say Douglas Luiz (should have visa by then) in for where you have Zinchenko and push Zinchenko into the floating 8 spot.

Then also remember that we have Bernardo who can also play middle so it is enough players.

Also perfectly timed with promoting another youth player imo.

No chance he ever gets a work permit at this rate. He has to break into the Brazil national team and he's not even remotely close to forcing Fern or Casemiro out.

Even if he does, nothing about the last 2 loans have suggested he is good enough to be a City player. If we were linked with him this summer, and hadn't already bought him, it would be like the Maguire thread with the amount of shit talked about him.

Just because we signed a youth player doesn't mean he is gods gift and should be in the side replacing a seasoned international.

No chance he ever gets a work permit at this rate. He has to break into the Brazil national team and he's not even remotely close to forcing Fern or Casemiro out.

Even if he does, nothing about the last 2 loans have suggested he is good enough to be a City player. If we were linked with him this summer, and hadn't already bought him, it would be like the Maguire thread with the amount of shit talked about him.

Just because we signed a youth player doesn't mean he is gods gift and should be in the side replacing a seasoned international.
Have you seen him play for Girona? I have not seen much of him in La Liga, but by all accounts he has done well for Girona last season and if he were to get a Visa I am sure Pep would include him in the squad.

Have you seen him play for Girona? I have not seen much of him in La Liga, but by all accounts he has done well for Girona last season and if he were to get a Visa I am sure Pep would include him in the squad.

Done well for a team that got relegated from Spain ≠ playing in the greatest team in premier league history though does it?

Pep wanted to include him last summer because we literally had no one else as back up to Dinho, so why not try him out in a few cup games? Nothing to lose. Not because he thinks he'll immediately start ripping up trees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.