It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Think were done both in and out. Sadly, I suspect we will pay heavily for going into a season with just 3 cbs. Every other big side has 4 minimum. We’re going into the new season weaker than we ended the last in a position that was widely regarded as our weakest area.

It's going to be something that we might suffer from in the big games. Remains to be seen. I don't think we can get away with playing Fernandinho as centre half against a Liverpool or a Spurs, and it may well come to that.

will be crazy to go without buying another CB! if something happens to laporte and stones has a form wobble we are in big trouble!

Otamendi, Danilo, Garcia and Fernandinho are more than capable. Harwood- Bellis is an exciting prospect, too.

Otamendi is washed up. Danilo, Fernandinho are mere makeshift centre halves who will fill in for a game or 2 max, not a direct solution if injury/bad form for Stones or Laporte. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis not first team ready yet.

The need for a centre half has never been more evident.

I still think, or hope, that we will sign Cancelo in place of Danilo and a CB instead of Otamendi.
Losing a player and a leader like Kompany and not bring any replacements would be a huge mistake for us, especially with Otamendi that wasn't good enough last year and Stones who has a tendency to make a lot of mistakes

Otamendi is washed up. Danilo, Fernandinho are mere makeshift centre halves who will fill in for a game or 2 max, not a direct solution if injury/bad form for Stones or Laporte. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis not first team ready yet.

Otamendi is far from washed up. I would like to see Garcia get a run at some point, I think he will play all the League Cup games as a minimum.

Squad rules dictate you can't have everything you want. You need to suck it up and have some faith in the youth players.

I still think, or hope, that we will sign Cancelo in place of Danilo and a CB instead of Otamendi.
Losing a player and a leader like Kompany and not bring any replacements would be a huge mistake for us, especially with Otamendi that wasn't good enough last year and Stones who has a tendency to make a lot of mistakes

ruben dias and cancelo would boost us short and long term

Nico is not at all washed up,he is down the pecking order because vinny got fit,he is the best back up defender we could have

I don't see it that way.

We can not buy a foreign player without dropping one of the list. No player deserves to be dropped and buying before selling puts you in a bad place so its a non starter.
Buying an association trained player that improves the squad without paying stupid money is not possible.

There is no struggle here. We are a well run club that makes very calculated moves.

Honestly speaking what English player would benefit us and fit into our squad at a reasonable price. Go for Kane its going to be 200 million in this market Spurs will want.
Maguire looking for 80 odd million.
The rest wouldnt add anything better than what we have at the moment it seems.
No value in those players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.