It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Think were done both in and out. Sadly, I suspect we will pay heavily for going into a season with just 3 cbs. Every other big side has 4 minimum. We’re going into the new season weaker than we ended the last in a position that was widely regarded as our weakest area.
People have said that about the left back and holding midfield positions for the last two years, both positions were filled very capably by players who people said could never do so. If Delph, Zinchenko and Gundogan can play in unfamiliar positions and we still as a team manage to get 100 and 98 points respectively, then I’m sure one of our most experienced and intelligent players in Fernandinho can cover centre back pretty comfortably. It wouldn’t surprise me if he became first choice alongside Laporte over the course of the season, he’s that good.

Otamendi is washed up. Danilo, Fernandinho are mere makeshift centre halves who will fill in for a game or 2 max, not a direct solution if injury/bad form for Stones or Laporte. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis not first team ready yet.

The need for a centre half has never been more evident.

You might well be right about the others but I still believe Otamendi is one of the better centre backs in the league.

But Stones’s propensity to make careless errors is admittedly a worry.

I’d be satisfied with someone like Ake from Bournemouth.

As we are likely to get a transfer ban I would have thought we would have brought a centre back in. It is looking like we could be done though.

Was just about to post that mate! Lol we are being naive if we don’t think they will ban us after the window shuts!
How do you know we’re not planning to integrate Garcia and Harwood-Bellis over the course of this coming season? If that is the plan which judging by the quality they both have is more than conceivable then it’s far from naive. Bringing in a player who would stunt their development is naive, in respect of failing to plan for the long term future.

I bet you’re one of the majority going mental at us allowing Sancho to leave but in a similar situation you don’t react accordingly.

How do you know we’re not planning to integrate Garcia and Harwood-Bellis over the course of this coming season? If that is the plan which judging by the quality they both have is more than conceivable then it’s far from naive. Bringing in a player who would stunt their development is naive, in respect of failing to plan for the long term future.

I bet you’re one of the majority going mental at us allowing Sancho to leave but in a similar situation you don’t react accordingly.

No? We didn’t allow sancho to leave though, he left, big difference

Why isn't pep signing players, It looks like he is going to leave us high and dry when we get a transfer ban and can't get any players, we will slip to mid-table again and Pep will join the rags and make them the superpower again :(

No? We didn’t allow sancho to leave though, he left, big difference
Why did he leave?
A lack of opportunities and minutes, exactly the same situation as Diaz.

If we buy another centre back now, one or both of Garcia and Harwood-Bellis will run their contracts down just the same as Diaz and Sancho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.