It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BillyShears has set up a poll on Twitter discussing this very topic

I'd take him in a heartbeat,fantastic experience and leadership and more than capable of a job for at least 12 months.

He'd never be on the pitch, he gets sent off enough in the white shirt of Madrid, imagine him in a sky blue one......................

We'll have the Sanchez money through not needing to spend £60m on Van Dijk. Even at 34 Pepe seems like he ticks all the boxes.

Pepe's 16/17 season:
5 different injuries, spanning 147 days.
Games played: 18
Games missed: 29.

Pepe's 15/16 season:
4 different injuries, spanning 73 days.
Games played: 31
Games missed: 10

He'd never be on the pitch, he gets sent off enough in the white shirt of Madrid, imagine him in a sky blue one......................
Unless he goes nuts, which rarely happens these days, he hardly makes a foul throughout a game. Would have been a fantastic addition under Pellegrini but I don't see the point now, and I'm sure we aren't signing him anyway.

If VVD ain't coming why not give mangala another try? He has the tools to be a commanding CB surely pep can improve him in terms of his game management. Again the VK factor could be significant and given a run next to Vinny he might become the CB we are looking for. Can't imagine too many CFs fancying being marked by them two monsters.

Even if he's only fit for 25 games a season then what's the issue? We'd be signing a top class CB on a free.

I think you may be making the mistake thinking that Kompany's and Pepe's injuries are going to be sequential, and therefore one of the two will always be available.

Stones and Otamendi both need Kompany to look good.
To make matters worse, apart from the aggression Pepe's never been the type akin to Kompany.

We need CBs who can be leaders in and of themselves when Kompany is out, as well as big up their pairing's game. Pepe has had Ramos to do that for him in the past. Add his age and injury proneness, we've got a recipe for absolute disaster.

If VVD ain't coming why not give mangala another try? He has the tools to be a commanding CB surely pep can improve him in terms of his game management. Again the VK factor could be significant and given a run next to Vinny he might become the CB we are looking for. Can't imagine too many CFs fancying being marked by them two monsters.

I like the Mangler but he hadn't the ball skills or composure when he was last here. Whether he has them now (which I think would be a pre-requisite for Pep), I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.