It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be making the mistake thinking that Kompany's and Pepe's injuries are going to be sequential, and therefore one of the two will always be available.

Stones and Otamendi both need Kompany to look good.
To make matters worse, apart from the aggression Pepe's never been the type akin to Kompany.

We need CBs who can be leaders in and of themselves when Kompany is out, as well as big up their pairing's game. Pepe has had Ramos to do that for him in the past. Add his age and injury proneness, we've got a recipe for absolute disaster.

I disagree. Maybe consistent might be a better word, but both (and in particular, Ota) have played well without Vinnie

He'd never be on the pitch, he gets sent off enough in the white shirt of Madrid, imagine him in a sky blue one......................
According to transfermarkt, the last time he was sent off in a match was in the 11/12 season.

If VVD ain't coming why not give mangala another try? He has the tools to be a commanding CB surely pep can improve him in terms of his game management. Again the VK factor could be significant and given a run next to Vinny he might become the CB we are looking for. Can't imagine too many CFs fancying being marked by them two monsters.
We need a CB who can do it without being next to Vinny, that's the whole point

I disagree. Maybe consistent might be a better word, but both (and in particular, Ota) have played well without Vinnie

Without Kompany next to him, Otamendi's next game ruining clusterfuck up is only a matter of time away.

Consistency is one of the most important facets of a CB's game, saying he lacks consistency without vinyl is the same as saying he's a bad defender without vinny.

I like the Mangler but he hadn't the ball skills or composure when he was last here. Whether he has them now (which I think would be a pre-requisite for Pep), I don't know
I agree that is a big question mark but I'm not sure how many great CBs are available. We may already have one who is better than many even if he isn't ideal. I don't think we can afford to waste more money on CBs. VVD's experience and performances in the prem made him a very good option.

I think Pepe is a bit like Diego Costa, when playing well he knows how to wind up opponents but stay on the right side of the referee.
Occasionally though he has moments when he just loses it and can be a liability then.

Without Kompany next to him, Otamendi's next game ruining clusterfuck up is only a matter of time away.

Consistency is one of the most important facets of a CB's game, saying he lacks consistency without vinyl is the same as saying he's a bad defender without vinny.

We will agree to disagree then. For me, Ota was by far our best CB last season. Vinnie is also not immune from making clangers too

I agree that is a big question mark but I'm not sure how many great CBs are available. We may already have one who is better than many even if he isn't ideal. I don't think we can afford to waste more money on CBs. VVD's experience and performances in the prem made him a very good option.

Too early in the TWf or me to be worried atm. If come towards the end of the TW we haven't got a suitable CB, Pep may decide to call back the Mangler and simply allow him to play to his strengths.

I do agree that we do need AN other though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.