It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early in the TWf or me to be worried atm. If come towards the end of the TW we haven't got a suitable CB, Pep may decide to call back the Mangler and simply allow him to play to his strengths.

I do agree that we do need AN other though
It is very easily in the transfer window, but I get the impression we are trying to get in early partly to ensure we get our targets but also to have a decent pre season so they can learn Peps methods and work on his positional play.
Though even then the Confederations cup players like Bernardo +/- Alexis if we get him will be later.

If VVD ain't coming why not give mangala another try? He has the tools to be a commanding CB surely pep can improve him in terms of his game management. Again the VK factor could be significant and given a run next to Vinny he might become the CB we are looking for. Can't imagine too many CFs fancying being marked by them two monsters.
I am of this view - people to quick to write him off in my opinion

All good if we get another top class CB in, but if there is not one to be had then having Mangala back is a good call

It is very easily in the transfer window, but I get the impression we are trying to get in early partly to ensure we get our targets but also to have a decent pre season so they can learn Peps methods and work on his positional play.
Though even then the Confederations cup players like Bernardo +/- Alexis if we get him will be later.

For sure we want our targets signed up ASAP but it often doesn't always work out that way and we might be late in the window before we get wind that one of our targets has failed to materialise.

We will agree to disagree then. For me, Ota was by far our best CB last season. Vinnie is also not immune from making clangers too

Otamendi was our best at ones and at other times he was our worst.

But he's not a 22 year old new to the club who the manager has picked himself. He's a 30 year old whose been here 2 years now and shown very little signs of improvement until Kompany came back to the squad 2 months ago.

Otamendi was our best at ones and at other times he was our worst.

But he's not a 22 year old new to the club who the manager has picked himself. He's a 30 year old whose been here 2 years now and shown very little signs of improvement until Kompany came back to the squad 2 months ago.

He has shown improvement under Pep and to claim otherwise is unjust IMO. rather than derail the thread, let's just agree to disagree and move on

He has shown improvement under Pep and to claim otherwise is unjust IMO. rather than derail the thread, let's just agree to disagree and move on
In my opinion he's been much the same player he was under Pellegrini- a fearless, dominant defender who is occasionally caught out by poor positioning and mistimed tackles but is otherwise brilliant.

Otamendi is title-winning quality, I have never had any doubt. Next to Kompany, he can hep us win trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.