It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make sense. Apparently Real Madrid want Otamendi on the back of his form for City. They don't want Bravo on the back of his form for City.
Bravo made a downwards step, Otamendi would be making an upwards step.
Maybe Madrid think it's worth a punt to go for a player who's familiar with La Liga, in fact excelled in it and think it's worth an offer to try and get him for a not unreasonable price. There's definitely room for him in their squad and it doesn't seem like City would stand in their way?

The discussion is about public perception outside City fans, so it doesn't matter if you think the media is bias or not.

Otamendi is seen as a failure of a transfer, a waste of £32m who failed to replace Kompany and adequately partner either Mangala or Stones in Vinny's absence.

Whether you think that appraisal of his abilities is fair doesn't matter (even I wouldn't say it is fair), only if that is the consensus.

And from everything I've read, watched and heard, it is.

The fact that some City fans can't even bear to acknowledge that people on the outside view our players as bad shows a shocking level of blue tinted goggles I'm genuinely staggered exists.

If the interest from Real Madrid is true, would you value their opinions of the player higher or lower than your average journolist or expert?
Silva has largely failed to receive the recognition he deserves, is he shit too?
Sterling was in soccer Saturday's flops of the season, he was directly responsible for 30+ goals last season.
The media were still yapping on about our dire defensive in the midst of our club breaking clean sheet run...
They still claim we wilt on a cold and wet Wednesday night away in the Prem, utter bullshit too.
Let's not even start with how different these experts treat Pep and Peg.

Maybe Madrid think it's worth a punt to go for a player who's familiar with La Liga, in fact excelled in it and think it's worth an offer to try and get him for a not unreasonable price. There's definitely room for him in their squad and it doesn't seem like City would stand in their way?

Not saying that. I was quoting a guy that equalled us signing Bravo to Real's supposed signing of Otamendi. His point was only relevant if Otamendi had failed at Madrid, he's not signed for them, so he can't have failed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.