It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Douglas Costa is the alternative to Sanchez? Sanchez is a world class forward with a high work rate who could play anywhere in the attack. And would probably start most of the time over Aguero, Jesus, Sane or Sterling. Since he is either better or at least on the same level with all of them.

Signing Costa would be like signing an older back-up to Sane and Sterling. Who is just as tricky as those 2. But not as productive or good. At least in terms of goals and assists.

So it's either a back-up winger for the best front 3 in the league (IMO). Or we sign one of the best forwards in the world and have a front 3 ready to rival Barca's front 3.
Above all signing Douglas Costa would help Bayern to fund Alexis Sanchez, and that would be a stupid thing to do.

Above all signing Douglas Costa would help Bayern to fund Alexis Sanchez, and that would be a stupid thing to do.

Unlikely that we'd sign Costa before they signed Sanchez. I think less a case of us "funding" Sanchez and more a case of us buying an alternative to him if he ends up somewhere else. I still think it's mad that he's the alternative tbf. My guess is there's someone much more suited on our list and Costa's name is just being put out there as a bit of obfuscation.

Unlikely that we'd sign Costa before they signed Sanchez. I think less a case of us "funding" Sanchez and more a case of us buying an alternative to him if he ends up somewhere else. I still think it's mad that he's the alternative tbf. My guess is there's someone much more suited on our list and Costa's name is just being put out there as a bit of obfuscation.
It has to be said that Douglas Costa was very good in Pep's last season with Bayern. Last season did not work out for him, but his level is really higher. I really hope we can get Sanchez. I do not want Bayern to have any occasion to inflate their ego even further :-)

It has to be said that Douglas Costa was very good in Pep's last season with Bayern. Last season did not work out for him, but his level is really higher. I really hope we can get Sanchez. I do not want Bayern to have any occasion to inflate their ego even further :-)

Totally agree. I also think that Costa has to have incredible attributes beyond which bely his poor goals/assists ratio.

Bayern really don't like us though and will do whatever they can to get Alexis.

Totally agree. I also think that Costa has to have incredible attributes beyond which bely his poor goals/assists ratio.

Bayern really don't like us though and will do whatever they can to get Alexis.
Just read on transfermarkt.de that Bayern would offer Sanchez 25 million Euro's per year in salary. The current highest earner is apparently Lewandowski with 16 million. So Sanchez would blow up their wage system, producing additional costs when Lewandowski and co start asking for raises to get to the same level.
I find it hard to believe. 25 million Euro's is a litte less than 22 million Pounds and that is over 400000 Pounds per week. Does this sound crazy, or crazy?

Just read on transfermarkt.de that Bayern would offer Sanchez 25 million Euro's per year in salary. The current highest earner is apparently Lewandowski with 16 million. So Sanchez would blow up their wage system, producing additional costs when Lewandowski and co start asking for raises to get to the same level.
I find it hard to believe. 25 million Euro's is a litte less than 22 million Pounds and that is over 400000 Pounds per week. Does this sound crazy, or crazy?

Those figures are absolute nonsense. There is literally NO WAY that Bayern will destroy their wage structure for Sanchez. Especially not when guys like Lewa or even Alaba, Thiago, etc could turn around and start demanding similar sums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.