It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do need extra goalscorers but I wouldn't mind us taking a gamble on Douglas Costa. He isn't a 20+ goals a season type of player but he could score enough in our team.

Those figures are absolute nonsense. There is literally NO WAY that Bayern will destroy their wage structure for Sanchez. Especially not when guys like Lewa or even Alaba, Thiago, etc could turn around and start demanding similar sums.
Not will, should. They are just as integral to that team and the market will bear what they request.

There would be several suitors at those prices should Bayern not acquiesce.

I can't imagine how completely out of touch you are if you actually think Otamendi is rated outside of City fans.

Do you never speak to people who aren't City fans? Do you never listen to any radio/tv shows or read any newspapers?

Even people who like Otamendi should be able to accept he's not seen of as a good signing or a great defender by the wider footballing public.

I don't think anyone should base their opinion on the media or fans who don't support city. Silva's not exactly highly rated by the media or fans who don't support city yet he's arguably our best ever player and one of the greatest players to ever play in the prem. How many times has he made team of the year?

Personally I think Otamendi is class and is highly underrated. He has his moments like every other footballer on God's green Earth.

IIRC we won quite a few with Bravo between the sticks - what's your issue?

Why not wait and see if Bravo has regained his form before spitting your dummy. Christ, some are quick to knock their own

Why not wait and see ? I`ve seen enough already thanks
The fact, he hardly, if ever, saved a shot. We cant afford as a club to leave our season in the butterfingered hands of a out of form goalkeeper in the forlorn hope he find some semblance of form when needed.

That`s my issue.

Are you bravo`s mother

I don't think anyone should base their opinion on the media or fans who don't support city. Silva's not exactly highly rated by the media or fans who don't support city yet he's arguably our best ever player and one of the greatest players to ever play in the prem. How many times has he made team of the year?

Personally I think Otamendi is class and is highly underrated. He has his moments like every other footballer on God's green Earth.

How else are you going to judge the medias opinion on a player other than basing it on the opinion of the media and other fans?

This wasn't a conversation about how good Otamendi was, I wasn't saying "Other fans and media don't like him so he must be shit", what I said was "His reputation outside of City fans has gone down a lot since his transfer here". How would you judge reputation?

But the press, radio, pundits, non City Fans and general public think he has been poor so what should we do?
So basically the same crowd that haven't thought Silva and Agüero deserved to be in the PL team of the season for the last 6 years? Personally I'd tell them to get fucked.

1) How else are you going to judge the medias opinion on a player other than basing it on the opinion of the media and other fans?

2) This wasn't a conversation about how good Otamendi was, I wasn't saying "Other fans and media don't like him so he must be shit", what I said was "His reputation outside of City fans has gone down a lot since his transfer here". How would you judge reputation?

1) Right, because listening to BBC, talkshite and sly sports who constantly slag off our players is a good way of judging their opinion on player performances.

2) Again where has this come from? Do you talk to everyone that's watched him play? If Real Madrid are after him, that can't be the case can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.