It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its also worth noting that Velez only want money, they gain nothing from a city transfer ban. So IF the CAS ruled against FIFA, and IF FIFA go back on their initial recommendation and backstab us, then surely the sanction is just as likely to be compensation as anything else?

A transfer ban does nothing to help the 'victim' club, and just further harms FIFA's credibility because now clubs can't even trust the sports own governing body to interpret their own rules correctly.

I think its also worth noting that Velez only want money, they gain nothing from a city transfer ban. So IF the CAS ruled against FIFA, and IF FIFA go back on their initial recommendation and backstab us, then surely the sanction is just as likely to be compensation as anything else?

A transfer ban does nothing to help the 'victim' club, and just further harms FIFA's credibility because now clubs can't even trust the sports own governing body to interpret their own rules correctly.
I really think we could get done on this case, apparently what Garre's selling club is arguing is the interpretation of the FIFA rule which says 16 and up can move between EU clubs and since they are not a EU club then it violates the rule, the CAS could side with them and say FIFA's take is wrong and we get the ban

I really think we could get done on this case, apparently what Garre's selling club is arguing is the interpretation of the FIFA rule which says 16 and up can move between EU clubs and since they are not a EU club then it violates the rule, the CAS could side with them and say FIFA's take is wrong and we get the ban
I may be mistaken but CAS cant ban us , FiFA would have to compensate Velez if found against, Then if they decide it's our fault Fifa would then need to charge us. Even then I would have thought if they wanted to try and punish us they would fine us to cover the compensation rather than ban us for following their instructions.

I may be mistaken but CAS cant ban us , FiFA would have to compensate Velez if found against, Then if they decide it's our fault Fifa would then need to charge us. Even then I would have thought if they wanted to try and punish us they would fine us to cover the compensation rather than ban us for following their instructions.
Yeah I don't know what kind of precedent there is in a situation like this, if it's the first time the rule about transfers between EU and nonEU clubs has been ruled by FIFA this way has been challenged, if it hasn't then CAS could say FIFA interpreted the rule wrongly and make FIFA apply the rule the way CAS dictates, I'm just throwing ideas out I don't know enough about those rules to say if we are in hot water or not

No way Velez will win this, it would basically mean that a EU citizen living outside of the Union wouldn't be excluded from the laws of EU.

I do not know why it is the case, but it increasingly sounds as though Arsenal aren't as out the loop as you would expect when it comes to Sanchez joining City.

Celta are offering £7m for Nolito, we should take it.

Sevilla are trying it on once again.

I do not know why it is the case, but it increasingly sounds as though Arsenal aren't as out the loop as you would expect when it comes to Sanchez joining City.

Celta are offering £7m for Nolito, we should take it.

Sevilla are trying it on once again.
As in Arsenal happy to do a deal with us ? if happy is the right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.