It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that you think you're right but i disagree with you on a level can't being to express in words so we'll leave it there. Thiago Silva's probably one of the top 3 CB's of the last 10 years full stop IMO.
Mate I'm not shitting on you here. I genuinely appreciate you for sticking to your view, but just like you said for my opinion, I'm actually baffled that people hold Silva in such high regard on this forum. And because I listen to your pod and I think you are reasonable guy I would like to know why you think he's one of the top 3 CB's of the last 10 years. And I would also love to know why a 32 year old (an age which is considered the prime for most CBs) Silva is regularly being benched by Brazil and some times even fails to make the bench. Dunga was a fuckin fraud. When Tite came in, he realised what a shit show the national squad was and immediately benched players who didn't have the fighting mentality. A 34 yr old Alves is starting every match and benching others because he's still got it and is one of the best in the world. Silva is not starting because Miranda and Marquinhos are both better than him. I'm fine with whatever abuse people throw at me. Sure I'm mental, but at least justify your decision over a coach like Tite, whose fans include people like Pep Guardiola.

Last edited:
The only reason for that is because Silva plays for PSG and not Barca, and Madrid, or Bayern.

Using the national team as a barometer is stupid. Sissoko and Matuidi starts over Dembele and Lemar in the French team. Maybe we should target Sissoko instead since he’s better?
And Marquinhos and Miranda play for Barca, Madrid and Bayern? Hell one of those guys is his club teammate. Why do you think I specifically mentioned Tite? The reason is because starting for your national team is not a barometer; getting benched by Tite is. And that is because he is one of the best coaches in the world. He's not managing some fancy hot shot European club so people might not rate him, but make no mistake, the man is a genius. So when he comes in and immediately sends Silva to the bench, it means something. France is managed by Deschamps, who is a clueless fuck. I don't consider that a valid argument.

I appreciate that you think you're right but i disagree with you on a level can't being to express in words so we'll leave it there. Thiago Silva's probably one of the top 3 CB's of the last 10 years full stop IMO.
I'd say the number one centre back of the last 10 years. Top, top player.

Also Silva was a beast at Milan and selling him and Ibrahimovic is the worst mistake any top club has made in the last decade.

Ah yes, that must be why Silva is captaining Brazil every match. Oh wait, he's not. He's been benched ever since Tite took charge of Brazil. Hasn't started a single fucking world cup qualifer since then. He's a great CB but he needs another player by his side who can calm him down. Also, I'm legitimately surprised my comment is being viewed as contrarian since I was always of the opinion that most people (and coaches) don't class him in the same bracket as Puyol, Kompany or Bonucci. I would love to know more why you guys think he's a leader and is yet not leading his national team.
Good point, woooney has been a long standing captain of England and he's the defaco definition of a leader.

I'd say the number one centre back of the last 10 years. Top, top player.
Holy shit. Just to make sure what you're saying, these are some of the players who have been active in the last 10 years - Mascherano, Puyol, Van Buyten, Hummels, Komapany, Pique, Ferdinand, Vidic, Nesta, Cannavaro, Ramos, Godin, Bonucci, Chiellini. Some of them have retired now, but all of them have pretty active in the last 10 years. And you're saying that Silva is better than all of those. Mother of god.

Good point, woooney has been a long standing captain of England and he's the defaco definition of a leader.
Just fuckin read my other comments. Being a captain for England which is managed by one fraud after another is different than being the captain for Brazil and that too with fuckin Tite as a manager.

Holy shit. Just to make sure what you're saying, these are some of the players who have been active in the last 10 years - Mascherano, Puyol, Van Buyten, Hummels, Komapany, Pique, Ferdinand, Vidic, Nesta, Cannavaro, Ramos, Godin, Bonucci, Chiellini. Some of them have retired now, but all of them have pretty active in the last 10 years. And you're saying that Silva is better than all of those. Mother of god.
Top 5 certainly.

Take it there are arguments or debate of Silva of psg I'll throw my opinion in good CB but needs a leader alongside him,and for me has mangala type Lapses in games at times,take it must be rumours if he is being discussed,not for me but that's just my opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.