It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite ironic how Arsenal fans slammed their players for coming to us because of money wheras now they are having to offer wages that are amongst the highest in European football to convince their best to stay.

Even City and Chelsea don't offer 300k a week.
Yeah although I'm not sure how much truth there is to it. Surely at his age he'd want trophies. Arsenal would smash their structure and potentially the rules of ffp with that contract. Also dunno how other players would feel about it. Then again he's the only one with ambition in the team.

Yea right! Bobby .. but
Never mind. ;)

:)

Back on topic. I'm going through the mental rolodex of potential CB options this summer and with the names which have already been wiped as not possible or not in the list, i've come up with two.

Alderweireld and Thiago Silva.

Interesting that PSG are about to sign Pepe and have just renewed Marquinhos today. TBF on paper they only have Kimpebe, Silva, and Marquinhos as CB options. But still Silva just about fits the profile.

Alderweireld is a long shot, but then when I asked Perarnau about him he did say that he fits the profile perfectly and both Pep and Txiki really like him. He just said that he thought it would be very difficult for City to take two players from Spurs so it was unlikely.

Gonna be so interesting to see who this defender is!

Back on topic. I'm going through the mental rolodex of potential CB options this summer and with the names which have already been wiped as not possible or not in the list, i've come up with two.

Interesting that PSG are about to sign Pepe and have just renewed Marquinhos today. TBF on paper they only have Kimpebe, Silva, and Marquinhos as CB options. But still Silva just about fits the profile.

Alderweireld is a long shot, but then when I asked Perarnau about him he did say that he fits the profile perfectly and both Pep and Txiki really like him. He just said that he thought it would be very difficult for City to take two players from Spurs so it was unlikely.

Buying Silva would be a backwards step. He's not a leader and he can't hold his nerves under pressure. From what I've read on here and in the media, everybody wants Stones and Kompany to start and a CB who is a natural leader to come in when the latter gets injured. Silva is the antithesis of a leader.

Koulibaly? Would probably command a similar fee to van Dijk, and there are no links, so very unlikely I guess.

And is it definitely not Boateng? Matt Law suggested he's interested in returning to England, and Chelsea have seemingly wrapped up Rudiger. We would be his only option really.

Buying Silva would be a backwards step. He's not a leader and he can't hold his nerves under pressure. From what I've read on here and in the media, everybody wants Stones and Kompany to start and a CB who is a natural leader to come in when the latter gets injured. Silva is the antithesis of a leader.

Thiago silva has no nerve????

Is that you, Marv???

Wow. Been a while since i've read an assessment of a player I disagree with so vehemently. Silva is literally the definition of a leader. He has led every side he's played for. Not only that but to say he would be a backwards step from Otamendi is like saying Dani Alves is a backwards step from Zabaleta or Sagna. IMO just no comparison!

Koulibaly? Would probably command a similar fee to van Dijk, and there are no links, so very unlikely I guess.

And is it definitely not Boateng? Matt Law suggested he's interested in returning to England, and Chelsea have seemingly wrapped up Rudiger. We would be his only option really.

"City is not interested in any players from Bayern or Barcelona this summer" was the message I got off Marti when I asked about Javi Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.