It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, I will give you a serious answer but my comment to Rammy was slightly tongue in cheek.

I know why Rammy is upset. I posted on this forum after we played Barca under Pellegrini that much as I'd love Messi off of them, if we'd had Alves, Alba and Busquets, we'd be a massively improved side. We are still looking for the equivalent of those three. Not checked Alba's age but I would probably still want to nab him for City.

Of course, we can infer that Pep was prepared to go into this season with those full backs and we can attempt to infer some of the reasoning; which other posters have done. We can go further and infer that in the most recent Pep book, the player he states that everyone thinks he will ge rid of but that he sees something in is Kolarov.

We can all see that Clichy has had a relatively poor season and there's probably a case to say you could see his form start to decline last year but I contend it was not Pep dropping a massive bollock thinking he could get enough out of Clichy for this season while waiting for his contract situation to resolve itself...

You seem to know your stats, so you may be aware that by statiscal measures, Clichy was, over an extended period, the most consistent performer among the league's defenders and the next defender on that list was Kolarov. I don't recall who was ahead of them on the list but it was a selection of what most objective folk would accept as the league's best players, our friend Mr Lampard being one of them.

So, yes, we should have replaced some of our full backs by now but there's a host of reasons why it didn't happen last summer rather than Pep all on his own screwing up.
Much appreciated. :)

Alves might be looking for a big, final paycheck now, he has won it all and is in his final years in the industry, so it's definitely a big NO from me.

Graham Hunter hinted at Alves coming to City in a Tweet last week.

I can't see it myself considering his age and I still think one of us and Chelsea will be going all out for Bonucci this summer and Juve won't lose both.

Fabinho and mendy would be outstanding choices for full backs with Fabinho being a perfect pep player who is versatile and move into midfield with ease. I still think pep will play with a three at the back next season and think that we will push hard for bonnuci and Laporte and if vinny can stay fit we will keep him as a 4th option.

Ins:
Ederson
Fabinho
Mendy
Laporte
Bonnuci
Isco
Sanchez

That would be an outstanding window for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.